Join for free
Page 244 of 370 « First < 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 04:45 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Lovely to catch up with you all in here, espcially reading about your early years' exercising, Bob. It's always a pleasure to hear about those formulative years.

Suzie - that's one hospital that you're transforming into your very own little exercise suite. Keep on perstering the authorities with your needs for more healthy options for the relatives. Regards to your daughter on her progression

You're all flying the flag in here, it's as busy as it always has been. Well done

About time there was an update from me I suppose....
My hearing is much better although I'm probably listenining to sounds and voices at 70% of my full capacity but the antibiotics have helped greatly. There now is that risk of every time I go for an ear syringe that I am likely to happen on an ear infection once more, such is state of play with my ear canals now. I need an operation and I'm still waiting on the clinic to get back to me or my GP with an appointment.

My chesty cough is still present even though the chest x-ray was clear (which is good but there is still a problem). Next GP appointment is on the 4th of Feb, so here we go again.

So with me feeling rather better it's time to get back into my training schedule, which I'll be doing today. I have some plans but seeing as I've been away so long I'll be changing things slightly as those "Week 1,2,3 etc" routines are now obsolete! I'll be back this afternoon with some kind of changes!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 09:50 AM

Hi

My exercise regime has gone up the spout.

Another spinal abscess, same place as the previous, so face down on the sofa for a few days.

I need to be up and about late Monday night, I have an airport run to do at 3.30 am Tuesday Morning,
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My exercise regime has gone up the spout.

Another spinal abscess, same place as the previous, so face down on the sofa for a few days.

I need to be up and about late Monday night, I have an airport run to do at 3.30 am Tuesday Morning,
Sorry to hear this, Swimmy. Can nobody else do the airport run...how about a taxi? Surely you cannot be expected to pick/drop off people if you're ill like this, you'll probably make things worse bud
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

24-01-2019, 05:27 PM

Thursday 24/1/19 1hr. 20mins.

Following my pretty awful combined chesty cough and ear problems which knocked me virtually useless for a week, I’m feeling much better (although the coughing is still under scrutiny by the docs plus the ENT appointment still hasn’t materialised either) and I recommenced my training.

As I mentioned in a brief post last night the weekly programmes I began have had to take a fall by the wayside as I’ve missed too much time and my body would need to go back and start again with many of the routines so it’s best to ditch it all. Besides, it was very time-consuming with the write-ups and confusing to understand for you guys at that; too in-depth and rather pointless and I need to simplify things.

However, I will still be doing those exercise plans – the 40-30-20-10 100 reps programme and the “7’s” as well but I have amalgamated them into one complete weekly template plus an alternative 5-set structured routine whereby it’s a basic increase in weight, old-school style. This way I can pick and choose from my list which types I feel like doing on the spot without being forced to go for any goals which don’t take into account missed sessions. I now have a full list of all 42 of my exercises which include variants for the above methods, I simply pick from the list which I wish to do on the day.

On with today’s training then and it’s basically a catch-up just to get my ligaments working again...

2xDB press (totals for both arms):
12x44, 10x52, 8x60, 5x68, 3x36

Chest press:
21x35, 10x50, 6x60, 4x70, 2x80

Tricep extensions:
40x30, 30x40, 20x50, 10x60

Fly delt dec:
25x65, 15x80, 12x95, 10x110, 8x125
6x142.5 full stack
*That final set was the heaviest I have ever gone on this machine and indeed on any apparatus on the upper body for a very long time, bar leg training (which is much heavier). I utilised all my shoulder and considerable bicep strength and surprised myself with my efforts. It’s all a tad meaningless but it’s good to know that I still have some pretty powerful upper body strength post-50.

E-Z preacher curl:
15x28, 12x33, 10x38, 8x43, 6x48
10x28, 15x18

Sled press:
20x150

Nice to get back into it once more, my next session should be tomorrow where I’ll be cranking things up a little more.

Thanks for reading.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-01-2019, 09:13 PM

Friday 25/1/19 2hr. 15mins.

For my late week and very welcome training workout today I decided to do a full session utilising the tried and tested “40-30-20-10” (or 100-reppers) routine. Since December I’ve been fine tuning this particular workout with suitable weights and today was my first real stab at a real shot of it. What’s more, instead of selecting a few exercises to do I had so much energy that I performed the whole lot, and then some other exercises to boot. Two and a quarter hours later I completed quite an impressive programme of events.
So to clarify, it’s four sets of decreasing reps with light weights…

Smith press, flat bench:
40x20, 30x20 wide grip
20x20, 10x20 close-grip
*I decided on the close grip for the final two sets as they are much more difficult to execute. With the hands only a few inches apart they work the inner pectorals rather than the outer ones. I’ll add 2.5kg next time.

Chest press:
40x25, 30x25, 20x25, 10x25
*Adding another 5kgs next time.

Tricep extensions:
40x30, 30x30, 20x30, 10x30

Single DB press, flat bench:
40x42, 30x42, 20x42, 10x42

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
40x30, 30x30, 20x30, 10x30

Arm curl machine, both arms simultaneous:
40x20, 30x20, 20x20, 10x20

Seated row:
40x35, 30x35, 20x35, 10x35

Pec dec:
40x25, 30x25, 20x25, 10x25
*Up to 30kg next time.

E-Z Bar preacher curl:
40x18, 30x18, 20x18, 10x18
*Despite using ultra-light weights on the bar the amount of reps which become more difficult to lift as the sets decrease makes the biceps blow up crazy-style!

Fly delt dec:
40x65, 30x65, 20x65, 10x65
*After yesterday’s all-too-recent stint on this machine I found this a killer. Still, I managed the task though with aching inner shoulder muscles.

Sled press:
40x130, 30x130, 20x130, 10x130
*A nice taster for Sunday’s mega legs effort.

Miscellaneous Extras:

Standing bicep pinwheel curls, alt.:
10x10, 10x12.5, 8x15, 6x16, 4x17.5

Seated concentration curls, alt.:
5x14, 5x14, 5x16, 5x17.5, 5x18

Triceps bar behind head raise (lying on bench):
10x28, 10x28, 10x28, 10x28, 10x28
*This was a new exercise to my programme, or at least something I haven’t been doing for years. Watching someone else doing it it brought back memories, so I gave it another whirl. Really puts some force on the triceps, neck and core muscles.

E-Z preacher curl, standing:
10x28, 10x28, 10x28, 10x28, 10x28
*Just a final finish for the biceps.

All went very well, back in the frame once again. Next session Sunday.

Thanks for reading.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 09:36 PM

Hey everyone
I’ve gone from forcing myself to go to the gym to actually really enjoying it. The hardest part for me was being around so many people but they are very nice, friendly people so I’m coming out of my shell some.

I usually go every second day. My routine used to be to jog 2 kilometres but today I did 3 kilometres. Bicycling used to be 3.5 miles but I increased it to 4.5 miles . The stationary equipment is USA made so us in miles. While bicycling I noticed a man running while pulling weights so I think I might try that next time.

I’ve also started weight lifting for my arms which I’m really enjoying and I finish my workout with 20 minutes of floor work- leg exercises, stretching / yoga.

Then I go come and walk the dogs. Today was only 2 kilometres.

I’m really enjoying going to the gym.
It pumps up my normal exercise routine and walking and yoga.

I’m glad to learn you are feeling better Floydy.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 12:25 AM

Good news to hear about your ears, Floydy. While we surfers have always used a combination of alcohol and hydrogen peroxide to keep our ears clear and dry , you sure don't want to trap any liquid behind your ears until your ear infection is clear and you've had a good plumbing! Very respectable workouts especially given that you still haven't completely knocked down your virus. Aside from the resident ice runner, it seems like most of us are looking forward to knocking away an obstacle or two before we can get back to full fitness.

Swimmy,, that's abscess sounds concerning. I hope you are behaving and following doctors' orders. It sounds painful too, but you have shown that you can battle your way back from worse. Speedy healing to you.

Bratti, what phenomenal news that you are finally to that place in which going to workout is something you want to do rather than something you have to do. I'm sure the dogs are loving the long outings. One of the things I like best about your workouts is that you mix it up, and your body will reward you for it!

No running today, but I saw the first signs of improvement in my daughter today. We walked and walked, even venturing outside in the chilly air for a while. She is terribly thin so it's not just her mother who was happier indoors today. We only managed about a mile outdoors before she finally was D O N E. . 4 miles with step aerobics here in a few.

Roxy, are you still leaving your fellow swimmers in the proverbial dust?

Go, go, and good health, everyone.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

26-01-2019, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Hey everyone
I’ve gone from forcing myself to go to the gym to actually really enjoying it. The hardest part for me was being around so many people but they are very nice, friendly people so I’m coming out of my shell some.

I usually go every second day. My routine used to be to jog 2 kilometres but today I did 3 kilometres. Bicycling used to be 3.5 miles but I increased it to 4.5 miles . The stationary equipment is USA made so us in miles. While bicycling I noticed a man running while pulling weights so I think I might try that next time.

I’ve also started weight lifting for my arms which I’m really enjoying and I finish my workout with 20 minutes of floor work- leg exercises, stretching / yoga.

Then I go come and walk the dogs. Today was only 2 kilometres.

I’m really enjoying going to the gym.
It pumps up my normal exercise routine and walking and yoga.

I’m glad to learn you are feeling better Floydy.
Bratti, it's always such a joy to hear people branching out and trying new things when exercising. Your return to the gym and actually enjoying what you do there by fitting in with everyone else is awesome - after all, nobody is going to bother you as we all do our own varieties of training. I have said before that if you want to exercise you will make gains as opposed to those who visit the gym (or go running for that matter) because they only need to - those are the ones who lack the effort. Well done there
Any advice or tips I can give you would be my pleasure

Suzie - that's promising news about your daughter. One day at a time, her recovery sounds like it's going well
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 08:59 AM

I tied my Fitbit to next doors horse and my doctor is amazed at my fitness results ... he says I’m the only guy in the village that can jump 6 feet but questions my running at 45 mph
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I tied my Fitbit to next doors horse and my doctor is amazed at my fitness results ... he says I’m the only guy in the village that can jump 6 feet but questions my running at 45 mph
...........Now that's an idea!..

Page 244 of 370 « First < 144 194 234 242 243 244 245 246 254 294 344 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top