Join for free
View Poll Results: Who will you vote for at the European Elections?
Conservative 1 1.89%
Labour 0 0%
Change UK 1 1.89%
Green Party 1 1.89%
Liberal Democrats 3 5.66%
Northern Ireland Parties 0 0%
Plaid Cymru 1 1.89%
SNP 1 1.89%
Brexit Party 44 83.02%
UKIP 1 1.89%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:53 PM

Re: How will you vote at the European Elections?

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I can certainly give a long list of reasons but I cannot be bothered wasting time repeating stuff I have already said on this forum just to gratify your baiting.

It's basically all about Nige. In the meantime the UK economy is falling apart, the US is in a trade war with China, every week a new business here is folding. None of us will get a pension at this rate. In the meantime AI is creeping up on us and all people are able to see is Brexit. It's a nonsense at a time when the country is faced with so many other threats. Crime spiralling out of control, the NHS being ripped apart by tory policies, our civil rights disappearing.... etc.

The brexit party has no policies outside of leaving the EU without a deal. People who voted for brexit are voting for them as a protest. It's pretty transparent that there is nothing more to the party.
To be fair, we wouldn't need a Brexit Party if the politicians in Westminster had done what the people asked and got us out of the EU instead of faffing about for three years.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 09:55 PM

I can certainly give a long list of reasons but I cannot be bothered wasting time repeating stuff I have already said on this forum just to gratify your baiting.

It's basically all about Nige. In the meantime the UK economy is falling apart, the US is in a trade war with China, every week a new business here is folding. None of us will get a pension at this rate. In the meantime AI is creeping up on us and all people are able to see is Brexit. It's a nonsense at a time when the country is faced with so many other threats. Crime spiralling out of control, the NHS being ripped apart by tory policies, our civil rights disappearing.... etc.
So based on your observations Annie, don't you think it's about time we had someone in power that knew what hell they were doing for you and me, because it seems at the moment they are only interested in their own interests...
The brexit party has no policies outside of leaving the EU without a deal. People who voted for brexit are voting for them as a protest. It's pretty transparent that there is nothing more to the party.
The Brexit party doesn't need a manifesto at this time Annie because we are only voting for a MEP to represent our views in the European Parliament, that will of course change when it's a general election.

The Brexit Party is not just Nigel Farage, there are many well respected and trusted MP's who have joined the Brexit Party, but judging by past experience Farage is not afraid to challenge the European Parliament....
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Some of us Leavers are about as far as you can get from being Tories. Getting out of the EU was mainstream Labour policy for decades until 'Turncoat Tony' Blair created New Labour and became an EU fanboy. Many On the left (especially the working class left as opposed to the middle class snowflake 'left') have always been, and still are Leavers.
Spot on
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I know how the system works, Ray. I said I haven't received a poll card.
Got my one today.

States on it "You do not have to take this card when you go to vote"
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
So based on your observations Annie, don't you think it's about time we had someone in power that knew what hell they were doing for you and me, because it seems at the moment they are only interested in their own interests...

The Brexit party doesn't need a manifesto at this time Annie because we are only voting for a MEP to represent our views in the European Parliament, that will of course change when it's a general election.

The Brexit Party is not just Nigel Farage, there are many well respected and trusted MP's who have joined the Brexit Party, but judging by past experience Farage is not afraid to challenge the European Parliament....
Every party needs a manifesto. But thanks for admitting the Brexit party has none. It's about as much use as the Change UK crud when it comes to running the country.

Erm... exactly how many years has nige been an MEP and in that time how much has he done to influence EU policy? Because from what I can see he has done all he can to irritate the EU and nothing to actually change their course or influence them to be acting more in the UK interests. Being an MEP is not about ego but about collaboration with others to bring about what we want for the UK.

Digging deeper when you read into their strategy you will find that the party will lead to the demise of free health, social care, welfare and lead to privatisation. You can forget your state pension, those of you who have one. Low tax does not lead to any kind of NHS provision. Anyone who thinks it does needs a reality check.

All very well living on the MEP salary and all the perks but what value for money do you get from someone who has their own agenda? Sorcerer's apprentice, starting something that is now in chaos and totally out of control. All this proves is that it is amazing where a bit of charisma gets someone. Someone who changes their mind more often than they change their underwear but still convinces people that they have their best interests at heart....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:25 PM

Every party needs a manifesto. But thanks for admitting the Brexit party has none. It's about as much use as the Change UK crud when it comes to running the country.

Erm... exactly how many years has nige been an MEP and in that time how much has he done to influence EU policy? Because from what I can see he has done all he can to irritate the EU and nothing to actually change their course or influence them to be acting more in the UK interests. Being an MEP is not about ego but about collaboration with others to bring about what we want for the UK.

Digging deeper when you read into their strategy you will find that the party will lead to the demise of free health, social care, welfare and lead to privatisation. You can forget your state pension, those of you who have one. Low tax does not lead to any kind of NHS provision. Anyone who thinks it does needs a reality check.

All very well living on the MEP salary and all the perks but what value for money do you get from someone who has their own agenda? Sorcerer's apprentice, starting something that is now in chaos and totally out of control. All this proves is that it is amazing where a bit of charisma gets someone. Someone who changes their mind more often than they change their underwear but still convinces people that they have their best interests at heart....
I look forward to reading your recommendations on where to direct my vote Annie....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I look forward to reading your recommendations on where to direct my vote Annie....
They are all a bunch of clowns these days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 10:45 PM

There is much overthinking going on, just a thought, OK.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:17 PM

I understand. It's Nigel's fault that the UK economy is falling apart and businesses are folding, and there was I was thinking it was May's policies that are the cause.

Surely, you're not blaming Nigel for crime spiralling out of control too? I agree, though, that the NHS is being ripped apart by Tory policies.

It's true that the Brexit Party has no policies outside of leaving the EU without a deal, but then they are standing in the EU elections, aren't they? In the EU Parliament they hope to fight our corner on that matter.

When the general election comes along I fully expect the Brexit Party to announce its manifesto, at the same time as other parties announce theirs in fact!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2019, 11:21 PM

Digging deeper when you read into their strategy you will find that the party will lead to the demise of free health, social care, welfare and lead to privatisation.
I thought you said that the Brexit Party doesn't have any policies!

Page 11 of 15 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top