Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Polycarbonate sheet is just like asbestos roofing, when covered by a layer of Bird Shite.

Why do I feel like "Kirky" going on tour??
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:37 AM

If I mistime making my cuppa in the programme break, now and again I inadvertantly catch an ad on TV and last night such was the case.

I'm old school and like ads that are catchy, clever and preferably funny but above all else simple. You know, the ones you can understand like "For mash get Smash"..or "You are never alone with a Strand", better still the Lurpack one with dear old Douglas the Butterman.

Andrex ads with the cute puppies are in non of those catagories but being an animal lover I would settle for "awww how cute is that" when it would race off with the bog roll attached to it's collar. Last nights Andrex ad was some kid saying...Andrex left them feeling "Cleaner than a baked bean on a surfboard". Scuse me, did I hear right !!!!!

Some bright sparks paid mega money have come up with putting those inane words in that kids mouth and expecting me to know what the hell he means. I don't, especially when the last time I was on a surfboard someone yelled "Shark" (for a joke) and I nearly s**t myself. Nothing clean about that.

I shall time my tea making break far better in future..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
RJ, are you 69?

That always gets a laugh.
Here's one now.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
If I mistime making my cuppa in the programme break, now and again I inadvertantly catch an ad on TV and last night such was the case.

I'm old school and like ads that are catchy, clever and preferably funny but above all else simple. You know, the ones you can understand like "For mash get Smash"..or "You are never alone with a Strand", better still the Lurpack one with dear old Douglas the Butterman.

Andrex ads with the cute puppies are in non of those catagories but being an animal lover I would settle for "awww how cute is that" when it would race off with the bog roll attached to it's collar. Last nights Andrex ad was some kid saying...Andrex left them feeling "Cleaner than a baked bean on a surfboard". Scuse me, did I hear right !!!!!

Some bright sparks paid mega money have come up with putting those inane words in that kids mouth and expecting me to know what the hell he means. I don't, especially when the last time I was on a surfboard someone yelled "Shark" (for a joke) and I nearly s**t myself. Nothing clean about that.

I shall time my tea making break far better in future..
This happened to me once when I was snorkelling with my wife, who is not the most confident swimmer. Someone on the shore, for a joke shouted 'Shark'; which would not be unusual because there were lots of reef sharks around but when you hear that word, you tend to want to get out pretty quick.

So after virtually dragging my wife and myself out of the sea I looked up to see a group of young blokes laughing their heads off at our expense. It was short lived though, they moved off pretty quick when they realised I was on my way up the beach to them. Strangely I never got to see them again which was a shame.

I am also mainly old school when it comes to adverts and I hate the fact that ad agencies have obviously received some sort of government directive whereby they have to include one of those, one of those and a couple of those (get my drift?). Some existing adverts actually have had bits added to them to meet requirements.

I think the nicest ad at the moment is the Lloyds ad.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 02:59 PM

Been at the MIL's Funeral today, I was asked to write a poem, which I did, it was weird to hear your words, read out by someone else.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Been at the MIL's Funeral today, I was asked to write a poem, which I did, it was weird to hear your words, read out by someone else.
Weird or not as poems are so personal, what a privilege to be asked to contribute in this way for your MIL.
solo
UK

24-05-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This happened to me once when I was snorkelling with my wife, who is not the most confident swimmer. Someone on the shore, for a joke shouted 'Shark'; which would not be unusual because there were lots of reef sharks around but when you hear that word, you tend to want to get out pretty quick.

So after virtually dragging my wife and myself out of the sea I looked up to see a group of young blokes laughing their heads off at our expense. It was short lived though, they moved off pretty quick when they realised I was on my way up the beach to them. Strangely I never got to see them again which was a shame.

I am also mainly old school when it comes to adverts and I hate the fact that ad agencies have obviously received some sort of government directive whereby they have to include one of those, one of those and a couple of those (get my drift?). Some existing adverts actually have had bits added to them to meet requirements.

I think the nicest ad at the moment is the Lloyds ad.
Thanks for the clip Longdogs....Lloyds ads are usually lovely and it's the first time I have seen the latest all the way though. The bit I did catch, thinking 'that's really clever' was at 0.37 onward if you look at the foals legs at the bottom it looks as though its a CGI foal.

The mere shout of "Shark" when you are surfing can only result in a lightening bolt of fear like no other...head to toe and back again. Providing your heart hasn't stopped beating, two thoughts race to your mind.. Do I strike out for shore or do I freeze.

Choice made you then light out like the clappers in hell until you hear and then see your mates hanging out of the boat howling with laughter. Relief is put on hold as murderous does not come close to how you feel about their joke at that moment.

Mind you, you don't see many selfies taken with sharks do you

Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:08 PM

There's a big one coming up.

I can hardly contain my excitement

It's the 15,000 landmark (posts that is)

Quickly now, claim this prize post.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:10 PM

Only 12 to go chums.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

24-05-2019, 07:10 PM

bumpity bump

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top