Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 04:47 PM

Re: do you need an expensive DSLR camera ?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
i bought Mr M and expensive DSLR camera a canon something so he could have a hobby in retirement .
Has he used it ?
Nah
So I took a course with a professional and I still can't understand anything about it.
We now only take pictures with the iPhone .
I take many of my photos with my iPad, I can see the subject clearer.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 05:40 PM

Isn't it brilliant that we can now take photos on our phones? Just whip 'em out our pockets and snap!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Isn't it brilliant that we can now take photos on our phones? Just whip 'em out our pockets and snap!
Yes Tess, I’m amazed at the good quality photos that can be taken with phones these days.

No need for a camera these days.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 05:52 PM

About 3 months ago I bought a Canon SX430. I think Ive only taken about half a dozen shots with it so far as I been busy with other things in my life.
I know it does auto but think it also allows me to change setting on it as well.

I am hoping to use it a lot more over the coming weeks.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I've got a number of cameras but never shoot on Auto, it takes the fun out of it.

My default/fave setting is semi auto ... Aperture Priority with Auto ISO (most of the time).
I often fiddle around with the settings but they normally end up looking the same as on auto anyway. Sometimes they are much worse.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 06:45 PM

I specify DSLR cameras in the heading Not compact or anything else
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-06-2019, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I specify DSLR cameras in the heading Not compact or anything else
I’m out then.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I often fiddle around with the settings but they normally end up looking the same as on auto anyway. Sometimes they are much worse.
Auto is damned cleaver. Give it a frame to fill and it will 9 times out of 10 throw up the best solution and result the camera is technically capable of.

But this can be uninspiring.

The camera's in-built computer assumes you are happy with the mediocre. But if you want to go beyond that in the name of creativity, then you can.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I’m out then.
Me too!
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2019, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I know the feeling!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top