Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 12:44 PM

Re: Government Minister manhandles woman protester

Rather ironical that the people trying to heal the damage that we've caused to all our environment are attracting such a lot of criticism for trying to clean up our filth.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 01:04 PM

AT, not this way! with all the present danger that people face with terrorism. The action this woman took was totally reckless. To be honest, heads should roll in the security that was meant to be there.

If it had been an American dinner with an American politician as the main speaker, she wouldn't have even managed to get near the door to the dining room. She would instead no doubt have been on her stomach on the floor with her hands behind her back with a weapon aimed at her head!!

That is the way it should be. Just as it should be over here as well.
We are always told....Anything or anyone that looks suspicious, report it.... yet when someone does take action over exactly something like that, look what happens? It's ridiculous, she should rightly be in a police station being questioned over her stupid action, instead, she's being treated like a victim!

As I said, the world is going to hell in a handcart.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 01:06 PM

Does anyone really give a toss apart from the trolls. If I entered somewhere I shouldn't be, I would be man-handled and rightly so.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does anyone really give a toss apart from the trolls. If I entered somewhere I shouldn't be, I would be man-handled and rightly so.
Yep, your spot on.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Overreacted? What was he supposed to do? smile sweetly and say "Sorry Miss, you are not allowed in here, I must ask you to leave"? Because she was dressed in a pretty red evening dress was he meant to automatically assume she was not a danger, was not someone who could be capable of pulling a pin out of a hidden grenade? or have a gun hidden under the papers she was carrying? No-one knew in that precise moment in time, I think it was just a kneejerk reaction by Mark Field, and yes, he did look angry, or could it have been some fear in his action.
Whatever it was, he was the only one to intervene in that split second, the rest of them sat there like dummies.

Of course, we all know now she was a member of Greenpeace, but how on earth was Mark Field meant to know that as this woman strode along past him with the intent of what? embarrassing Hammond by perhaps throwing all those leaflets in the air and getting maximum publicity? She could have been anyone, with any intention. I give him huge kudo's for having the courage to stand up and be counted. Instead, he is being punished.

The world's going to hell in a handcart. If a genuine enemy manages to walk in a room full of politicians as she did, they will ALL just probably sit there and do nothing until it is too late, all at the expense of not wanting to be accused of offending women in one way or another.

Another outstanding post.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 08:42 PM

The Man is a hero.

He deserves a knighthood.

I also think he deserves a SuperHero cape.

She might have been inspired by Jo Brand for all he could have known.

Very brave individual!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
The Man is a hero.

He deserves a knighthood.

I also think he deserves a SuperHero cape.

She might have been inspired by Jo Brand for all he could have known.

Very brave individual!
Here here !

If only he had been around for Jo Cox.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 10:03 PM

Suspect they had assistance to help them get into the building because of how many there were. Aggravated trespass is possible offence committed, but not if they had walked in unchallenged which seems to have happened.

TBH these climate change protesters are becoming a pain in the neck.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Suspect they had assistance to help them get into the building because of how many there were. Aggravated trespass is possible offence committed, but not if they had walked in unchallenged which seems to have happened.

TBH these climate change protesters are becoming a pain in the neck.
They are vermin.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 07:06 AM

Hi

The right to Peaceful Protest is enshrined in UK Law.

This how it should be.

It is restricted to Public Places, it is not extended to private property.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top