Join for free
Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:06 PM

Re: Lining Up For The Race, We Have.....

Originally Posted by Bread ->
What's Boris Johnson got to do with the "worst government possible" ?

I have no idea. I think you need to read what I wrote more carefully.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
methinks you have a secret longing forexactly that to happen in the event of us leaving without a deal. A case of win win for you. All for the sake that you may sit in your computer chair and crow about how right you and all the remainers were.

Frankly my dear, i don't give a damn!

The intransigent cretins at the eu, along with every single brexit destroying treacherous mps here, can go to hell.
(i feel better already) :-d

what will be, will be. For the past 3-years the uk has bent over backwards to reach a negotiated settlement, only to be met with a perfect plan of unnecessary utter humiliation towards this country. (something, for which will eventually backfire badly on them).

So, whatever is to come from our utter desperation to leave your corrupt organisation, and whatever happens on 31 october, we will have to take it on the chin, and so will the eu, and we will both have to prevail.

The eu will only have itself to blame. We did not vote to leave with the intention that we would have to fight tooth and nail with both the eu and within our own parliament in order to do so. Blame the eu for that.

As long as we leave, that is the main aim. We will no doubt hurt to begin with, but there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. Whereas the eu's problems are only just beginning, where is your tunnel of light?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I have no idea. I think you need to read what I wrote more carefully.
What the UK needs now is nigel farage in the HoC, and a GE to get him there.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:44 PM

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!

So, whatever is to come from our utter desperation to leave your corrupt organisation, and whatever happens on 31 October, we will have to take it on the chin, and so will the EU, and we will both have to prevail.

The EU will only have itself to blame. We did not vote to leave with the intention that we would have to fight tooth and nail with both the EU and within our own Parliament in order to do so. Blame the EU for that.

As long as we leave, that is the main aim. We will no doubt hurt to begin with, but there will always be a light at the end of the tunnel. Whereas the EU's problems are only just beginning, where is your tunnel of light?
Watching how none of the political class have a clue what to do next is priceless. If brexit were not such a serious matter it would be great british comedy to watch it.
Reading the deluded comments from brexiters is harmless, but tells that your national mental health care is in dire need of modernizing.

How the world revels in the fall of the mighty UK. Not even Aeschylus could have written such a top rate tragedy.
But the ones enjoying this drama are not in the EU. The EU is not your enemy, never was and never will be.

Thing is that you should not forget is that you were never really in. Another half witted decision by your government. So you never got all benefits either. So in fact we are to some extent happy to see you go. You thought you could commit to marriage for a wee bit only and expect the other half to fully commit to you. Given Boris’recent marital crisis (and I guess some other politicians had some too), he should know better. So given that poor level of commitment, only half the UK is leaving. So it doesn’t hurt as bad as losing a fully committed country.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Don't make me laugh Solasch! You and your fellow EU Leaders have been revelling in the UK's humiliation since the time of 00.00 on the 24th June 2016.

Apart from your customary snide remarks about the deluded comments of Leave voters, and your mirth over our Brexit problem being a Greek Tragedy, it is obvious that you are worried - and rightly so.

I read today that Katya Adler, European Editor, is stating today that many of the EU Leaders are admitting that they may have gone too far in their opposition to Brexit in the negotiations, especially where the Backstop is concerned. More backtracking guaranteed now Maybot has been outed and we have true Brexiteers in the driving seat in the form of Boris and Nigel.

As I have said previously, mock all you want, continue showing your disrespect for the country that helped free you, and carry on insulting the people of this country. It will all be to no avail. We shall be leaving on 31st October 2019, with or without a deal.

The EU's actions over the last three years will come back to bite them on the backside, your country included.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Watching how none of the political class have a clue what to do next is priceless. If brexit were not such a serious matter it would be great british comedy to watch it.
Reading the deluded comments from brexiters is harmless, but tells that your national mental health care is in dire need of modernizing.

How the world revels in the fall of the mighty UK. Not even Aeschylus could have written such a top rate tragedy.
But the ones enjoying this drama are not in the EU. The EU is not your enemy, never was and never will be.

Thing is that you should not forget is that you were never really in. Another half witted decision by your government. So you never got all benefits either. So in fact we are to some extent happy to see you go. You thought you could commit to marriage for a wee bit only and expect the other half to fully commit to you. Given Boris’recent marital crisis (and I guess some other politicians had some too), he should know better. So given that poor level of commitment, only half the UK is leaving. So it doesn’t hurt as bad as losing a fully committed country.

I'm glad you think its funny.

On November the 1st, we will be a sovereign democratic nation, you will be still trapped in the EU with less voting rights, less vetoes and no say in your future.

Then we will be having the last laugh as you are forced to adopt the Euro and hand over your taxes to fund the EU army.

Bye !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 03:38 PM

It's true.

Until recently, the EU leaders have been trying to assure us that they would be more than happy to see us gone.

Remember that documentary shot in the EU offices; EU politicians congratulating each other and laughing at us. Some of them on that documentary proclaimed that we should just get on with it and leave.

Funny how they're not saying that now, isn't it?

Now that, in the absence of Treason May, we are becoming closer to actually leaving their little club.

As others have said, yes, there will be problems initially but we shall quickly overcome them despite the promises of the prophets of doom.

When we are able to trade with the world we shall have the choice of from whom to buy the goods we want and if the EU choose to try to punish us by imposing heavy tariffs, we shall buy elsewhere.

German car makers and French farmers will not be very pleased when we are buying alternatives to their products from such places as Japan, Korea and the Anglophone Commonwealth countries.

If they don't want to pay for our services, such as university education, etc., that is their choice if they think they are punishing us for daring to leave their empire.

Whether our imports or exports, I have a feeling that they will soon change their minds before the EU collapses completely, and then individual member states will also have the choice as to whom they trade with.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

21-06-2019, 04:40 PM

Don't make me laugh Solasch! You and your fellow EU Leaders have been revelling in the UK's humiliation since the time of 00.00 on the 24th June 2016.

Apart from your customary snide remarks about the deluded comments of Leave voters, and your mirth over our Brexit problem being a Greek Tragedy, it is obvious that you are worried - and rightly so.
What you are actually saying is that 27 nations are secretly conspiring to keep the UK under their thumb. Brexit and especially a hard brexit hurt countries like Ireland, the lower countries and Danmark more than the other countries but you seem to believe that they all meekly agree with that policy. Not only their government but none of their papers, none of their political parties and none of their people protest. While the UK is in turmoil, Scotland and N-Ireland don’t want a brexit and millions of people in England protest against brexit. No protest at all in 27 nations against the EU brexit policy. The only division is about allowing another extension.

And finally you suggest that the WDA, negotiated by a UK government with people like Johnson, Hunt, Gove and British civil servants, so the best of British negotiating power, couldn’t stand up against an ex- PM from Luxemburg, an ex- PM from Poland, and a civil servant from France.

And then you want to convince me you are NOT deluded? Hah!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What you are actually saying is that 27 nations are secretly conspiring to keep the UK under their thumb. Brexit and especially a hard brexit hurt countries like Ireland, the lower countries and Danmark more than the other countries but you seem to believe that they all meekly agree with that policy. Not only their government but none of their papers, none of their political parties and none of their people protest. While the UK is in turmoil, Scotland and N-Ireland don’t want a brexit and millions of people in England protest against brexit. No protest at all in 27 nations against the EU brexit policy. The only division is about allowing another extension.

And finally you suggest that the WDA, negotiated by a UK government with people like Johnson, Hunt, Gove and British civil servants, so the best of British negotiating power, couldn’t stand up against an ex- PM from Luxemburg, an ex- PM from Poland, and a civil servant from France.

And then you want to convince me you are NOT deluded? Hah!

You're deluded.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-06-2019, 10:14 PM

True to form, last night on "what the papers say" on BBC at 1040pm and 1130pm every night, they choose 7 paper headlines and show them on a revolving desk where the commentator and 2 invited guests (always either remain supporting or leftie journalists) discuss each paper's headline.

As the table turned and the Daily Mail headline came into view, BIASED BIGOTED CORPORATION - BBC - I looked forward with anticipation to them discussing the scandal about the "normal people" invited to solely attack Boris on the BBC Debate.

But guess what, when it came to the Mail's turn for it's headline to be discussed, They completely ignored it, skipped it completely as if it just wasn't showing on our television screen, and jumped to the next and final newspaper headline instead.

What a disgraceful organisation. And to think that we all pay a compulsory tax to watch this leftie-led channel who seem incapable of accepting any criticism of wrongdoing over bias. With the BBC, by totally ignoring the headline, it was a blatant way of saying, "We can't ignore showing the headline, but we don't have to discuss it at all".
Exactly.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	9952  

Page 13 of 14 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top