Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:27 PM

Re: International Waters?

Ordinary Iranians aren't all that different from us. These are some pictures from Iran before the Islamic revolution and I'd wager most Iranians would like to return to this

Yes that is Santa

CKD Hillman Hunter assembled in Iran

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I suppose it's a case of who we see as the bullies.

I don't remember any country in the ME initiating a war against the West. The West seem to excel.

US have been at war 222 out of 239 years ! For me the evidence speaks for itself .

List of countries US have tried to force a regime change since WWII

France?
Australia?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Even worse, they don't have any pipe organs.

Imagine that. None of their repressed people have the chance to attend an organ recital.
They trade organs though ! Whatever you do , don't get attended to by an Iranian doctor. They like kidneys

Anyway, they could have had all the delights that we take for granted. It was the overthrow of the Shah of Iran in 1979 that changed all of that and the Ayatollah Khomeini returning home (the leader of the Iranian revolution and who France had been giving accommodation to until he was invited back in 1979). Iran voted by national referendum to become an Islamic republic on 1 April 1979 and to formulate and approve a new theocratic-republican constitution whereby Khomeini became Supreme Leader of the country in December 1979.

So it was the people's choice. Prior to that Iran was more like any other European country.

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:40 PM

They all go to Bridlington now Ray...

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:44 PM

Ooops Sorry Ray, I've just more or less repeated your post and with pictures too.

Playing the same organ.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Wow! You have certainly made a valid point here. My eyes are open now I have seen the list.

Perhaps if the US hadn't stuck our nose in countries where it didn't belong under the guise of keeping the free world FREE, our ancestors would have lived longer lives by not fighting for/with other countries. Our men could have stayed home, put their feet up, and left it alone.

Where would the world be now? Just my point of view, but I hardly think pulling away from the EU would be at the top of your gripes.
I take your point.

If I recall, several decades ago there was a call for the establishment of 'Fortress America'.

America has all the resources it needs, I think. I'm not sure it needs any other country at all really. Its military resources especially are more than enough to defend itself against any aggressor. If America wanted to, it could keep its nose out of any foreign country and still remain perfectly safe even with reduced defence expenditure.

Fortunately, since the British Empire collapsed, America has voluntarily taken over the role of 'world's policeman', and I think we should be grateful for that.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

22-06-2019, 09:50 PM

France?
Australia?
What about France and Australia ?.. it's referring to 'post 'WWII . i.e. since 1945 to present day
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-06-2019, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
One the plus side, they don't have shite like Love Island or Big Brother either.
I'd certainly go along with that.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

22-06-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
What about France and Australia ?.. it's referring to 'post 'WWII . i.e. since 1945 to present day
Exactly. How have America influenced or meddled with France and Australia post WWII?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

22-06-2019, 10:04 PM

Exactly. How have America influenced or meddled with France and Australia post WWII?
Dunno, tell me. I haven't mentioned France or Australia. Although they did try to overthrow the French Government in 1965

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top