Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:03 PM

Travelodge or Airbnb

I would like to know if anyone uses Airbnb. Is it worth the cost.
I worry about staying with other people in their houses.
Ive heard stories of having to share a bathroom with the householder.
I hated it when I was sent on courses and had to stay with a landlady.

Am I better trying to find a Travelodge?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:06 PM

Re: Travelodge or Airbnb

Personally, I would hate to stay in someone's house, especially if the bathroom was shared, so it would be the soulless anonymity of a Travelodge for me.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Personally, I would hate to stay in someone's house, especially if the bathroom was shared, so it would be the soulless anonymity of a Travelodge for me.
My son nd his girlfriend have used them 3 times MC
Their apartments were truly stunning (second homes I think all of them were so no body there but them)
They also liked being off the beaten tourist route to savour the real local life.

Can I ask where you are going?
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Their apartments were truly stunning (second homes I think all of them were so no body there but them)
They also liked being off the beaten tourist route to savour the real local life.

Oh yes, if I have the place to myself, that's totally different! For one person it might work out expensive, though.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pyxell ->
Oh yes, if I have the place to myself, that's totally different! For one person it might work out expensive, though.
Yes possibly
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->

Hi. Thankyou. I dont have any firm plans set but I am going to start going away.
My ex went to an airbnb with my daughter who booked it and ended up at some old guys house which wasnt very clean. The bathroom shared with the old guy had no lock on the door and was really dirty.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 07:52 PM

I find Travelodges or Premier Inns quite adequate for staying in.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 08:07 PM

Travelodges are ok but some Air Band Bs can be nice too .
We stayed in someone's annex once it was immaculate .
I think we only saw the people for a few seconds they gave us the key and said just pop it in the letterbox when you leave .
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2019, 11:57 PM

It depends where you are going at at what time you expect to get there. Waiting for your Airbnb host to arrive with the key to the studio flat / apartment you have rented in the middle of the night is not fun, specially when travelling solo.
I would checkout a couple of the hotel comparison sites for a good deal.
Mondays child
United Kingdom

23-06-2019, 05:39 AM

Ive never had problems with Travelodge or Premier Inn. Maybe it would be safer with them . I dont like being with other people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top