Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 07:11 AM

Re: Police called to Boris Johnson home

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Boris is probably your pm-to be.The threat level to the United Kingdom from international terrorism is currently 'Severe'. This means that a terrorist 'attack is highly likely' (info met police). Why else two police vehicles and a van?
Have you got no idea of the present times?

Edit

PaDP protect the diplomatic community in London, providing residential protection for Her Majesty's Government, former prime ministers, government ministers, visiting foreign government ministers and heads of state and anyone else deemed to be high risk.

You think boris meets the criteria for protection?
Terrorists just blow up the place they don't spill red wine on the sofa .
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Has any politician had a more chaotic personal life than Boris Johnson!?? Married twice, the 2nd time with four children, "love child" with a Helen Macintyre, an affair with Petronella Wyatt, which resulted in a pregnancy termination. Now a relationship with a woman 23 years younger, which has hit the headlines for a domestic kerfuffle. I'm no prude, but blimey, that is some track record
See your point, that is more than enough strife to deal with. Mr Hunt must now be the likely favourite.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 10:16 AM

I am not a supporter of Boris, in fact I don't care who becomes PM, providing they get us out of the EU, instead of wasting more time!

What does annoy me though, is that his neighbour feels it is OK to record arguments from another persons house, especially when he doesn't like Boris. It sounds to me like the neighbour is just making another attempt to slow down Brexit.......like many, who wanted to remain, have been trying to do since the referendum result was announced.
If Swimmy is right about MP's being given extra protection, then all they needed to do was call the police.... who now say there was no problem & nobody was hurt.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 11:24 AM

Boris, Boris, Boris! I wondered how long it would be before he would put his foot in his mouth.
Of course, the cretins who made sure this was the Remain media's chance to slay him as a Brexiteer candidate, must have been dancing in the street. But, he deserves the crap falling on his head with his shenanagans. He walked right into the trap, he and his half his age girlfriend.

However, I don't know what sort of advisors he has around him, but they had better get their act together sharpish. They have turned Boris into some form of Zombie. No speaking to the media, not turning up for debates, and when he does, he makes himself look defensive and evasive. His hair nice and tidy, looking as though if he smiled, his face would crack!

I really think his advisors have gone way over the top in trying to reverse the character and demeanour of the once jovial, buffoonish, tousle-haired Boris with his big smile and eagerness to meet the public. Now he seems to have been morphed into a character that is meant to be a statesman like politician. Sorry, it ain't working! Who is this man? The Boris we see now is not the Boris the public know, and it could make a big difference to his chances of PM if the party members feel the same way.

Jeremy Hunt, the flip flop Brexiteer, is, of course, making a meal of Boris's indiscretion by calling him a coward for not explaining what happened. It will only get worse unless Boris takes the bull by the horns, tell his advisors to go to hell, and just be Boris, love him or loathe him. I think it will be his only chance of regaining ground at the moment.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 11:58 AM

Behind the buffoonish facade is a man who has always been determined to be PM .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Boris, Boris, Boris! I wondered how long it would be before he would put his foot in his mouth.
Of course, the cretins who made sure this was the Remain media's chance to slay him as a Brexiteer candidate, must have been dancing in the street. But, he deserves the crap falling on his head with his shenanagans. He walked right into the trap, he and his half his age girlfriend.

However, I don't know what sort of advisors he has around him, but they had better get their act together sharpish. They have turned Boris into some form of Zombie. No speaking to the media, not turning up for debates, and when he does, he makes himself look defensive and evasive. His hair nice and tidy, looking as though if he smiled, his face would crack!

I really think his advisors have gone way over the top in trying to reverse the character and demeanour of the once jovial, buffoonish, tousle-haired Boris with his big smile and eagerness to meet the public. Now he seems to have been morphed into a character that is meant to be a statesman like politician. Sorry, it ain't working! Who is this man? The Boris we see now is not the Boris the public know, and it could make a big difference to his chances of PM if the party members feel the same way.

Jeremy Hunt, the flip flop Brexiteer, is, of course, making a meal of Boris's indiscretion by calling him a coward for not explaining what happened. It will only get worse unless Boris takes the bull by the horns, tell his advisors to go to hell, and just be Boris, love him or loathe him. I think it will be his only chance of regaining ground at the moment.

He isn't doing himself any favours that's for sure
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 12:28 PM

Rumour has it that if Boris is elected as our PM, his deputy will be Ian Duncan Smith.

Although there is lot of talk about"Boris the man", the main even will be who he has in his cabinet and if he makes alliances with the Brexit Party now his MEPs are thin on the ground....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
See your point, that is more than enough strife to deal with. Mr Hunt must now be the likely favourite.
And Hunt is using this latest non-story to his own advantage. What happens in anyone's private life should not be a matter of public record no matter who they are and the constant demands for Johnson to explain himself by all and sundry is a disgrace.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Terrorists just blow up the place they don't spill red wine on the sofa .
If you abduct boris, behead him and put the act on internet........
Need I explain more, or do you begin to see the picture?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-06-2019, 01:35 PM

Life must be boring in the Netherlands .

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top