Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 04:28 AM

CT scan

Do you think it matters when you have a CT scan done and you don't do any of the breathing when they ask you to?

When I had my CT scan done the voice was so muffled I couldn't understand what the person was saying when they tell you to breath in, out and hold it so I didn't do any of that. I did say at the time "I can't understand what you are saying" but no one must of heard me!

Does anyone think that would affect my results of the test?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 07:39 AM

Re: CT scan

It probably is ok, but may mean the pictures they get are not as clear as they would have liked.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 08:39 AM

I wouldn't worry, the pics are instant; they can see if they are no good straight away.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 09:38 AM

I've never had a scan Alison, but would have to assume they would have told you if the results hadn't have been clear..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 01:54 PM

Hi Alison I had a HRCT scan three weeks ago and found the 'breath in now/hold/breath out' as instructed by a disembodied quite difficult to comply with
I hope I got it right, as my lungs were under scrutiny I think it was quite important that I did .

As they are looking at your tummy I don't think it will matter quite so much if you made a mistake. The radiographer has a quick look to see if it has 'worked' before they let you go anyway.

I was amazed how quickly it was all over and I didn't even need to get undressed

I hope your results are favourable, I will have a long wait for mine..
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 02:16 PM

just reading this i went deaf one one ear 5 weeks ago got a call from the hosptal have to go for a cat scan of my head in the morring
i hope i can here what there telling me to do as well on blood thinners and a inplant heart valve no fun at all takes for ever to stop bleeding after they will remove the iv
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 03:43 PM

If they were not happy with the results on site they would not have released you.

Worst case is you would be sent a new appointment after the consultant had reviewed the pictures.
http://tinyurl.com/abw3elc
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 06:12 PM

Thank you all for your replies. I feel alot better now reading your posts, it's put my mind at rest.

I have had my results about a week ago and saw a doctor at the hospital which I wasn't very impressed with, I didn't understand her all that well either I told her that I didn't do the breathing and she said it wouldn't make any difference, but I didn't have alot of faith in her.

Anyway the good thing is there was no re-occurence of cancer. I've just got the gallstone to sort out now.

Good luck with your scan tomorrow Pixie, I'm sure it will be fine, I don't know why it was so muffled for me.

I'm glad you've had you're scan done Meg, why do you have to wait so long for your results? I suppose the good thing is that if there was something wrong they would contact you really quick.

Thanks for the video Michael, that was very interesting.

Thanks again for the replies, it really helped
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2013, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Anyway the good thing is there was no re-occurence of cancer. I've just got the gallstone to sort out now

I'm glad you've had you're scan done Meg, why do you have to wait so long for your results? I suppose the good thing is that if there was something wrong they would contact you really quick.
Hi Alison good news then in the main than . I hope the gallstones aren't causing you too much pain.

Because I was referred to see the consultant who runs the clinic I can only get my results from the consultant at the clinic and there is a three month waiting list for that.

I guess with the NHS being short of money they hope people will die off while waiting for the clinic so won't need treatment
Alicat
West Berkshire

03-03-2013, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Alison good news then in the main than . I hope the gallstones aren't causing you too much pain.

Because I was referred to see the consultant who runs the clinic I can only get my results from the consultant at the clinic and there is a three month waiting list for that.
I guess they hope people are so ill they will die off while waiting for the clinic so won't need treatment
Thanks Meg. I went to my GP and she gave me a printout of my ultrasound and CT scan, you could try that avenue Meg. I just said to my GP "I was just wondering if anything else showed up on my ultrasound apart from the gallstone?" and with that she printed both the scans off for me, so I had already received copies of the results of the scans before I saw the doctor at the hospital. I think they always send copies to your GP, you could give it a go Meg, say you are worried there might be something bad on the scan.

Three months is a hell of a long time to wait for results, I wouldn't be happy with that. How about emailing the consultant's secretary Meg and just asking if anything was alright because you are very worried? (Alright you may not be worried but you can lay it on thick with them pretending you are). I wouldn't be happy waiting all that time for a result.

I would try your GP for the first route of call

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top