Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 02:35 PM

Re: Exercise - getting obsessive

I am pro exercise but not obsessive.

I believe a healthy lifestyle, sensible eating and moderate exercise to ability is adequate to help keep us fit and healthy.

I do zumba, and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea as it is a high impact workout.

Walking is good enough and better than nothing...but I do appreciate that there are those that can't.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
I am pro exercise but not obsessive.

I believe a healthy lifestyle, sensible eating and moderate exercise to ability is adequate to help keep us fit and healthy.

I do zumba, and I know it's not everyone's cup of tea as it is a high impact workout.

Walking is good enough and better than nothing...but I do appreciate that there are those that can't.

Yes Patsy darlin' - have arthritis in all joints of my lower limbs, have had both hips and both knees surgically replaced so high impact activities are now a strict no, no for me. If you look at my profile and check out the photos to the right, you'll see my favourite position in this very comfy riser/recliner armchair of mine - supine!!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 06:00 PM

I'm partial to horizontal myself, Joe!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 08:08 PM

Must admit although I have run for goodness knows how many years I think my sporting days are numbered. My body is amazing for my age with no knee, hip or any other damage from pounding the roads for so long. Trouble is I'm just not sure I enjoy it anymore. Starting to think that there must be something much gentler I should be doing like taking a stroll into the countryside and doing some drawings or something. Not sure what I should be doing yet but I can feel it in my bones that some change is a coming .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 09:04 PM

Still waiting to see these drawings Mark, sit down and get on with it, (try life drawing, if you can find a model!) Trouble is if you give up running your knees might seize up! You're lucky to live near a beach, did you say? Go rock pooling! Find some driftwood & make a sculpture. I know of someone who draws in the beach sand then photographs it, then watches the tide wash it away. If there was a beach near here, I'd be there every day. I'm bossy, did you notice?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2013, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
Still waiting to see these drawings Mark, sit down and get on with it, (try life drawing, if you can find a model!) Trouble is if you give up running your knees might seize up! You're lucky to live near a beach, did you say? Go rock pooling! Find some driftwood & make a sculpture. I know of someone who draws in the beach sand then photographs it, then watches the tide wash it away. If there was a beach near here, I'd be there every day. I'm bossy, did you notice?
Don't pick up 'bossy' from you at all .

You have some ideas that definitely get me thinking. I like them .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

10-06-2013, 09:09 PM

So do I, I'm off!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top