Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2013, 07:54 PM

Re: Pelvic Prolapse

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Hello Meg I don't blame you feeling like that after all you've been through Meg. Have you had any results yet regarding your chest condition? Bladder problems are very common and not neccessarily urgent, so they can wait, it's just having to put up with it. Actually I think mine is bladder prolapse not pelvic, I'm not sure until the doctors examination. Best wishes to you Meg anyway.
Hi Alison thank you , they still aren't 100% sure which problem I have but I am to continue my current meds and to see a special nurse .
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2013, 11:54 PM

Hello Jazzi, that all sounds very interesting and complicated. I've just looked on my CT scan report I had done a couple of months ago and it says I have a clonic diverticulosis, predominately involving the splenic flexure, goodness knows what that all means!!!! My problems with all this have only started about a month ago so I think I'm at early stages with it. Anyway good luck with your surgery in January Jazzi, it's a long way off but let us know how it goes after. Also good luck with the incontinence nurse.
I'll translate.. Colonic diverticulosis is a condition where the large intestine (colon) forms little pouchs which are called Diverticula. Sometimes things get stuck in these pouches and the intestine becomes inflamed and infected. Diverticulosis then becomes Diverticulitis.. which is painful, and could also cause bleeding in the large bowel.. NOW.. the Splenic Flexure is the part of the colon that bends downward to the descending colon and the sigmoid colon then the rectum. It's called the splenic flexure because the spleen is located there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Thanks ladies. I'm a bit annoyed though that after having a urodynamics test, an MRI and a date for the surgery, AND an appointment with the incontinence nurse, another letter came on Friday wanting the tests to be repeated! Now I don't know if any wires have been crossed here, but there is no way I am having another MRI! That was one of the most frightening experiences: I never knew it was so noisy!

I sat in the consultant's office and looked at the MRI scan and the images taken of the dye urodynamics test, so am at a loss to understand why the repeat tests. The letter IS dated early July but even so. So tomorrow will phone and find out what's going on.

Janet darlin' - that's the problem - the DATE on which you had these tests done. They were like a pre-op assessment, but since the surgery has taken so long to arrange, those tests are useless and need to be repeated prior to your surgery.

I too am awaiting an appointment for an MRI scan (have had them previously). Nothing 'scary' about MRI scans - yes they're noisy, (but I fell asleep on one occasion inside the tunnel) but there's nothing to worry about - honest!!!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2013, 03:51 PM

I have a clonic diverticulosis, predominately involving the splenic flexure, goodness knows what that all means!!!!
Colonic diverticulosis is among the most common diseases in developed Western countries, diverticulosis occurs in approximately one third of the population older than age 45 and in up to two thirds of the population older than 85 years.

The splenic (or left colic) flexure is a sharp bend between the transverse and the descending colon.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just wanted to say good luck to you both, had a few bladder related problems myself over the years MS but not needed any surgery.
Thanks Julie
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Thanks ladies. I'm a bit annoyed though that after having a urodynamics test, an MRI and a date for the surgery, AND an appointment with the incontinence nurse, another letter came on Friday wanting the tests to be repeated! Now I don't know if any wires have been crossed here, but there is no way I am having another MRI! That was one of the most frightening experiences: I never knew it was so noisy!

I sat in the consultant's office and looked at the MRI scan and the images taken of the dye urodynamics test, so am at a loss to understand why the repeat tests. The letter IS dated early July but even so. So tomorrow will phone and find out what's going on.
That's true what Uncle Joe said as I was told by a nurse in hospital that the tests only last upto a certain amount of time and then if you don't have the op you have to have them again. Let us know what they say when you phone Jazzi.
Alicat
West Berkshire

06-08-2013, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Alison thank you , they still aren't 100% sure which problem I have but I am to continue my current meds and to see a special nurse .
Oh dear Meg, you've been suffering such a long time with that chest problem of yours, such alot of waiting. I hope you don't have to wait so long to see the special nurse.
Alicat
West Berkshire

06-08-2013, 12:18 AM

Thanks Pats and Audrey for the transalations, very useful.

Colonic diverticulosis is among the most common diseases in developed Western countries, diverticulosis occurs in approximately one third of the population older than age 45 and in up to two thirds of the population older than 85 years.

^ I read that as well Pats
Alicat
West Berkshire

06-08-2013, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I too am awaiting an appointment for an MRI scan (have had them previously). Nothing 'scary' about MRI scans - yes they're noisy, (but I fell asleep on one occasion inside the tunnel) but there's nothing to worry about - honest!!!
At least you fitted in it Uncle Joe, more than what I did
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2013, 07:53 AM

At least you fitted in it Uncle Joe, more than what I did

Alison darlin' - on the MRI scanner used down this part of the world, there is provision to 'lower' the trolley on which you lay to enable you to 'fit in'. I'm not exactly svelte as you will see from my profile pictures but I managed to get inside it and, as I said previously, fell asleep in there.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top