Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Exercise

We're told to do 30 mins exercise a day x 5 days a week and work hard enough to get slightly sweaty and breathless.
No doubt another "expert" will decide to alter this at some point, and tell us that is all wrong, but in the meantime, do you try to do this?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Re: Exercise

Originally Posted by Mups ->
We're told to do 30 mins exercise a day x 5 days a week and work hard enough to get slightly sweaty and breathless.
No doubt another "expert" will decide to alter this at some point, and tell us that is all wrong, but in the meantime, do you try to do this?

I can sit in my recliner and waggle my toes and ankles, does that count Jean darlin'??? - not sure about doing it sufficiently hard to get sweaty though - phewwww!!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 11:02 AM

I never exercise as such Mups, but I do work around the house and garden and I go walking regularly. I went to the local gym a few times after I retired but I found it too boring.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 11:03 AM

Hi Jean I feel my exercise is taken care of by walking Chloe three times a day every day seven days a week whatever the weather .
That comes to more than 30 mins 3 times a week .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 11:15 AM

It's a fact Meg that dogs tend to exercise us rather than the other way round...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:36 PM

I cant Mups - I'd fall over, no more 'jigs' fer me
Used to love dancing - very good exercise
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:55 PM

As im just back from a 4 hour up mountain and back at a very fast rate with a rucksack on my back walk... I think that is enough for one day. It will be the same tomorrow , and yesterday digging hard compacted soil for 4 hours, I think i do enough for UJ, Pats and me so you two just sit there and do the resting bit for me ... please ;0)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Hello me darlin'
I'd love to be with ya - would love a bit o climbing
I hope you know when its time to rest, I never did, would keep going till I dropped !
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2013, 01:11 PM

I do believe that exercise of whatever sort is good; I used to walk for miles with my dogs; the three of us stayed healthy beyond our years.
Sadly now the dogs have gone, since they died, my own fitness has diminished, however if exercise was the answer to all ills, surely athletes would live for ever
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2013, 01:16 PM

I really believe though Maggie, we can push ourselves 'too' hard. I know of dancers, many of whom have to have hip replacements and suffer with joint problems. Everything in moderation as they say

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top