Join for free
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:15 PM

Baby Boomers.... and sex

I wasn't sure which section to post this in. I decided to put it in health and fitness, because it really is a health issue.. and not a joke. Baby Boomers...ie folks in their 50s and 60s... ie most of us.. apparently have a really high rate of STDs.. why? You would think our generation would be smarter by now.. Apparently not..

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/2...6pLid%3D507470

The Baby Boomer generation may be past the point of accidental pregnancies, but unprotected sex is still a danger as STDs plague the age group.

Dating experts told HuffPost Live they believe the aging generation is becoming complacent in the absence of pregnancy risks.

"In the 60's it was like free love for everyone and nobody ever thought about that," dating coach Lisa Copeland said.

"Nobody thinks there's a problem because we're not going to get pregnant anymore," Copeland added. "And that I feel is where everybody's head is."
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:27 PM

Re: Baby Boomers.... and sex

Yes I've heard this - I blame celeb culture for this - everybody doing what they think they 'should' do - theres more to life than sex - but not in the culture we now live in ........
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:39 PM

I am surprised............infidelity the cause?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 01:49 PM

I am not surprised, many now seem to be trying to relive their youth, divorced and dashing from one bed to another. Not a pretty sight IMO
As Patsy said more to life than sex.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:16 PM

Another aspect... This is the age where, unfortunately, many boomers find themselves widowed.. I can attest... the lonliness is horrendous. Not just for sex, but for companionship.. In all new relationships... the question of sex is going to come up. If you are looking for another partner... you are going to eventually wind up in the bedroom with that person... it's inevitable. So as the guy in the video says... get tested for STD BEFORE...

In the case of my 3rd hubby and I... we were both widowed after long term marriages.. him 29 years... me 21 years.. But we took the leap of faith that both of us had been faithful during those marriages... What if one of us had not been?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Not always the case Audrey - many women now are on the look out for casual sex - its sad - but true
AudreyII
USA

27-07-2014, 02:31 PM

I agree... but as the guy in the video says... men in our age group may not be as eager for casual sex.. as the "equipment" may not work as well as it used to... Women may be more interested because we no longer have to worry a about getting pregnant.

On the otherhand.. for both sexes.. sex is more than just pleasure... It's a way of connecting with a serious partner. in fact it's the most intense way of connecting.. Being held and touched is a human need at any age.. I think senior sex is more about that than just the act.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:53 PM

As a widower I have been told I can have sex at 72 which is handy 'cos I live at 74.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:54 PM

I suppose a big contributing factor would be because we're not likely to get pregnant, some people are not bothering to take any precautions. Trouble is, although more mature ladies won't get pregnant, they can still unknowingly pick up or pass on these diseases.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
As a widower I have been told I can have sex at 72 which is handy 'cos I live at 74.

Heard that one before VM, but still makes me smile.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top