Join for free
Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:22 PM

Re: Baby Boomers.... and sex

Nothing to add to the discussion here except the fact that I really HATE the term 'Baby-Boomer"!!!

Saga Magazine dropped it into almost anything, all the time - so I told them to stick their magazine, their membership, their Insurance Quotes & their holidays - far too over-priced now anyway! stevmk2
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Nothing to add to the discussion here except the fact that I really HATE the term 'Baby-Boomer"!!!

Saga Magazine dropped it into almost anything, all the time - so I told them to stick their magazine, their membership, their Insurance Quotes & their holidays - far too over-priced now anyway! stevmk2
Just a term to describe those of us born between 1945 and 1964

Almost exactly nine months after World War II ended, “the cry of the baby was heard across the land,” as historian Landon Jones later described the trend. More babies were born in 1946 than ever before: 3.4 million, 20 percent more than in 1945. This was the beginning of the so-called “baby boom.” In 1947, another 3.8 million babies were born; 3.9 million were born in 1952; and more than 4 million were born every year from 1954 until 1964, when the boom finally tapered off. By then, there were 76.4 million “baby boomers” in the United States. They made up almost 40 percent of the nation’s population.
http://www.history.com/topics/baby-boomers
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
When we were fighting for equality I had hoped men would become more equal to women and none of us would be out there doing it willy nilly, sadly we have all adopted the slack moral approach some men have always had. Not all men mind you, many were and still are not like that at all.
All the time men have a willy and the ladies have a nilly you're bound to get some willy nilly
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Trouble is as a baby boomer I seem to be expected to be rich house owner who has stock piled dosh like no bodies business, not all of us have done that or been able to even dream of doing it. Baby boomer as a way to describe people is daft it covers a huge swathe of the population who have little in common really.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:50 PM

It's dating sites I'm afraid. The men either ditch their wives or get divorced and think they're the youngest swingers in town. Women have been ditched or have left and look for affection and end up with the youngest swingers in town who've dipped their wick into many candles. It does not surprise me.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by victors mate ->
all the time men have a willy and the ladies have a nilly you're bound to get some willy nilly :-d

AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 05:51 PM

Trouble is as a baby boomer I seem to be expected to be rich house owner who has stock piled dosh like no bodies business, not all of us have done that or been able to even dream of doing it. Baby boomer as a way to describe people is daft it covers a huge swathe of the population who have little in common really.
Nothing but the years in which they were born... which I think was the intent of the name.. I've never heard that all Baby Boomers are rich.. or any other adjective... only that they were born between 1945 and 1964.
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Somehow... I don't picture a woman in her 60's as a cougar.. My image of a cougar is a 40 or 45ish woman chasing 20 y/o guys.. IMO... we are well beyond the cougar stage.. perhaps old Pu****s is a better term.. lol!!

Not saying some older ladies don't pursue mem... but just like men.. only in more subtle ways... our equipment has seen better days too..
that is one of the funniest comments i have read in ages......... this youngster nearly peed himself......................"Old Pussies"..........that just creases me up..........H....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Nothing but the years in which they were born... which I think was the intent of the name.. I've never heard that all Baby Boomers are rich.. or any other adjective... only that they were born between 1945 and 1964.
Didn't you know us baby boomers are the biggest evil around ? reading the papers and being on forums it's always the baby boomers at fault for economic problems, housing and pensions crisis.
AudreyII
USA

27-07-2014, 08:15 PM

Didn't you know us baby boomers are the biggest evil around ? reading the papers and being on forums it's always the baby boomers at fault for economic problems, housing and pensions crisis.
Of course that's the propaganda here.. we are a drain on the economy, healthcare.. Social Security (your pensions) and on and on. There are very easy ways of solving these problems, but this involves the very very wealthy paying a little more in tax.. and closing some of the Corporatate tax loopholes... Something the Republicans are absolutely against.. better poor old people suffer..

Page 3 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top