Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:26 AM

Exercise dvd

Anyone used an exercise dvd and did it make a difference? I've ordered one from Amazon and hope to use it and not let it sit collecting dust . Just like when my exercise bike became a clothes horse!

I've ordered the Davina McCall 15 mins workout. Anyone tried it?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 10:50 AM

Re: Exercise dvd

I haven't tried that particular one but I've heard it's good.
15 mins isn't too long. Tell yourself you're going to do it at least three times a week..

Make sure you do.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 11:05 AM

When I started my weight loss journey I bought a well known casualty actresses DVD, she had lost an amazing amount of weight and had impressed me a lot. When it arrived I opened it to find a very much slimmer lady saying no one should start the exercises until they had lost a significant amount of weight and later I saw in the newspapers she had a secret gastric band fitted so it was a huge disappointment to me.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Save your money Alice, come and winter dig my garden, I won't charge you and I might even give you a cup of tea afterwards !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 11:30 AM

lol thanks for the offer Alan. Think I might take a rain check on that one . I'm sure it would get the weight off me though.

I go swimming five times a week, but I just feel the weight doesn't come off like it should. My metabolism definitely isn't the same now I'm older, but it's a bit disheartening when you feel you're putting an effort in and there's nothing much happening. Although swimming does make me feel better. I'll try the dvd and see how it goes. I'll probably end up in traction
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 11:52 AM

Before I broke my ankle in July I did quite a lot of hill walking. It's an excellent way to burn calories Alice.

I'm just starting to get back into it.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 02:02 PM

Rosemary Conley's Salsacise dvd. I absolutely loved it; it was really invigorating, gave me a great workout, great music. Then I twisted my knee doing it and was in agony for a year. Now I stick to my crosstrainer, treadmill, and good oldfashioned walking!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 02:56 PM

I wouldn't have the will power to regularly exercise to a DVD and it seems a waste of energy too.

A bit of cleaning and polishing every day and as Alan says digging all provide good and useful exercise not to mention a brisk walk in the fresh air.
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 04:10 PM

Gillian Michael's 30 day shred is fantastic it has 3 fitness levels but I stick to level 1 as I love it. It is 20 minutes of cardio strength and abs. I do this about 5 times a week. My 20 year old daughter kept borrowing it and never putting it back so now she has bought her own dvd. If you enjoy it you will do it. I've tried lots of celebrity dancey types of dvds but I'm not very co-ordinated and feel I don't get the benefit I should as I faff about trying to keep up with the dance moves hehe. Hope you like the dvd you have chosen.
Personally I don't like Davina McCall I find her rather irritating haha!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2014, 05:00 PM

Free every nmorning via Leonado channel from Italy. Celebrities (grrrr) - no, just a blond dynamo and one girl and one man. http://www.leonardo.tv

But I have used a rowing machine for about thirty years and a Tunturi cycling machine, so Leonardo is a supplement

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top