Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Re: Exercise dvd

Originally Posted by Tess ->
Gillian Michael's 30 day shred is fantastic it has 3 fitness levels but I stick to level 1 as I love it. It is 20 minutes of cardio strength and abs. I do this about 5 times a week. My 20 year old daughter kept borrowing it and never putting it back so now she has bought her own dvd. If you enjoy it you will do it. I've tried lots of celebrity dancey types of dvds but I'm not very co-ordinated and feel I don't get the benefit I should as I faff about trying to keep up with the dance moves hehe. Hope you like the dvd you have chosen.
Personally I don't like Davina McCall I find her rather irritating haha!

Tess I saw that one on Amazon. It would take me 30 weeks, not days lol. I agree that if you like it you'll stick with it. That's why I go swimming 5 mornings a week. I love it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 10:57 AM

I go swimming too Alice - not so often as you though. I often thought how much better it would be if I could do it to music.
I then discovered there's a waterproof ipod shuffle for swimmers. Good eh?

I've got it on my Christmas list.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I go swimming too Alice - not so often as you though. I often thought how much better it would be if I could do it to music.
I then discovered there's a waterproof ipod shuffle for swimmers. Good eh?

I've got it on my Christmas list.
Carol I wondered if there was such a thing! Thank you I'll have a look
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 11:13 AM

It's a lot more expensive than a dry land one. (Over £100)
I get the impression from my daughter that she and her siblings are going to buy it for me between them..unless they change their mind.
If they don't get me one I shall buy it for myself
Music while I swim - I reckon it will keep me going longer.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 06:39 PM

I like the Leslie Sansone exercise dvds. There are loads on you tube and I find the "walking" is a great way to get fitter whilst losing weight.

See below for just one - but there are plenty to choose from on you tube and also there is the Leslie Sansone Walk at home website.

http://www.walkathome.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkMCetgP6oY
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

19-10-2014, 06:55 PM

I think it's great if you find the exercise that suits you.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 08:56 PM

The thing I find with exercising at home is - it's too easy to find an excuse not to do it! I had a rowing machine and I wasn't too bad with it but eventually I went back to the gym, I find the ladies there help enormously, we all keep each other going.

A girl I work with does the dvd thing, I think it's a Davina McCall one and is very motivated, she's lost around a stone too, so good luck whichever one you decide on.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 09:07 PM

I agree Cranberry it can be hard to keep motivated at home on your own. I find it helps to do exercise to some music I like. My dog thinks I am crazy prancing around on my own with the music turned up, but music does help and you can get a good rythym going.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

19-10-2014, 09:15 PM

If I don't use it it'll come in handy as a place mat! Just like the wardrobe exercise bike
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 09:41 PM

I was dragged to the gym twice a week by a friend till I worked out it would be cheaper to buy a crosstrainer , which was the thing that helped my asthma most. I used to be frustrated by the banks of TV screens in the gym, and worst of all, the ghastly full length mirrors in which you could see your jiggly bits and sweaty face! I am quite good at motivating myself at home, as long as I can play my music loud enough, because it's made such a difference to my breathing and my knee - also I find it really makes you feel much brighter.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top