Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 09:47 PM

Re: Exercise dvd

Roseredlee I hired a treadmill before and I loved it. I don't have the room for it at the moment. I did always have to use my inhalor before it. Strange thing is I never have to use my inhalor before or after swimming. I'm not a gym person either, so know what you mean!
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-10-2014, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Roseredlee I hired a treadmill before and I loved it. I don't have the room for it at the moment. I did always have to use my inhalor before it. Strange thing is I never have to use my inhalor before or after swimming. I'm not a gym person either, so know what you mean!
I just got a treadmill Alice to allow me to 'walk' when the weather is too bad - Daren' t risk it on the floorboards upstairs with my weight too so it's stuck in the middle of the living room! Unfortunately I can't swim as I know that would be the best. I usually have go have a puff before I do any exercise, but am using inhalers far less than I did (touch wood!) D you exercise every day?
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 08:38 AM

The days that I don't swim, I walk. Most Saturdays, although not that one, I walk 7 - 10 miles with the Ramblers. Trouble with me is that I just like my food!! Although I don't eat as much as I did, but it just doesn't come off the same these days.
Roseredlee
United Kingdom
Roseredlee is female  Roseredlee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 08:57 AM

Chocolate. That's the craving. I've got the portions of everything else down. But that little motto I used to have on the fridge has sadly proved so true: 'A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips' - and everywhere else! And always some walking in a day (except last winter when you literally couldn't stand up outside some days) because of the dogs. But it doesn't help unless it's reasonably fast.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 09:42 AM

Although I don't eat as much as I did, but it just doesn't come off the same these days.
If you're anywhere near menopausal age Alice - that would be the reason.
Mother nature is determined to build us a store of fat once we reach middle age and beyond - . I'm not sure why.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-10-2014, 11:25 AM

It doesn't help that my partner made mars bar cake yesterday to bring into my colleagues at work. We've just had tea and a few bits of it . It was great though
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 05:39 PM

It doesn't help that my partner made mars bar cake yesterday to bring into my colleagues at work. We've just had tea and a few bits of it . It was great though
You did say in post 23 that you don't eat so much as you did. The occasional treat won't do much harm.

I still think it's age & hormones that make a woman gain weight.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

20-10-2014, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You did say in post 23 that you don't eat so much as you did. The occasional treat won't do much harm.

I still think it's age & hormones that make a woman gain weight.
yes, I agree Carol. I don't eat half as much as I did, go exercising most days, yet still can't shift it that much. I plummeted into surgical menopause in January this year. Maybe I can blame that!
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2014, 08:30 PM

The hormones do encourage weight around the middle, oestrogen is stored in fat and so your body holds on to it as the levels drop.
I was steadily gaining a bigger waist until I got to a certain point and though that is enough and round about then I went to New York for 5 days, we walked the length and breath of Manhattan and saw all the sights and I came home 5lb lighter.
I decided to have a go at carrying on with the loss and did it by staying within a certain number of calories each day. I only worked it out roughly but I always knew within 50 calories or so how much I'd had each day. On days when I had a piece of cake I had a very light meal to make up for the heavy calories in the cake and so on and that way I could eat something sweet if I fancied it. I used to have a sweet or a mint if I fancied something sweet and they are small and not high in calories.
I got down to a size 10 over 18 months and have managed to stay there but have gained about 4lb from my original low weight. I find I have to work at staying at this weight but it is worth it and I do feel a lot better. I do exercise each week, pilates and a keep fit to music class but I use it for toning rather than weight loss.
tyrell
South Eat England
tyrell is male  tyrell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 05:47 AM

Exercise, it's a toughly, we have tried them all including joining a Gym, Swimming, owning Bicycles , Jogging, Wii Fitness Games Console, and others. Most if not all have failed. Apart from Walking, we Love walking but even this isn't done enough. I have just found a website called walkit .com where you can enter your postcode add how long you want to walk for and it will plan a route. Though with all these
the biggest thing to conquer,is the willpower to get on and do something and just as important , keep doing it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top