Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 03:03 PM

The gym

Today I finally got around to the 5 minute walk up to the leisure centre. The yearly fee works out at a fiver a week for a gym,pool(somewhat restricted hours during school term) and a sauna -seems reasonable.

Just waiting now for the usual clearance having had to say yes,I`m on meds for BP,cholesterol,Type 2 diabetes and atrial fibrillation.

I guess they have to clear it but my doc would say it`s just what he should do.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 03:10 PM

Re: The gym

I love going to my health club, I only swim mind, but it is just great AND good for me . I have been a member for about 15 years now and it has worth it .
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 03:16 PM

Hope you enjoy it OG. I love it. I also only swim, but it makes you feel great.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 03:24 PM

Well hats off to the gym. No sooner was I about to post this when their medical advisor phoned me. She just wanted to know a few things in order to prepare my induction and initial training programme. I am well impressed.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 05:31 PM

I hope you enjoy your time there OG.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Well hats off to the gym. No sooner was I about to post this when their medical advisor phoned me. She just wanted to know a few things in order to prepare my induction and initial training programme. I am well impressed.
Sounds very efficient, I hope you enjoy it I have been a member of different gyms for around 15yrs now, wow where did that time go, can't beat it for lifting the spirits and feeling well, too.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 06:22 PM

That sounds like an excellent gym. Professional as it should be. You can't risk anything with member's health. Sounds like it will be worth joining OG.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 07:55 PM

I love going to the gym, and ideally I like to go three times a week. It's at the local branch of Age UK, only costs £1 for a session (as long as you like) and no monthly/yearly fees. They have a big air conditioned room with couple of dozen really good machines to train on and that does me just fine. No saunas or swimming pool but for £1 you can't grumble.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 11:10 PM

I'm a member of my local leisure centre. I go to the gym quite a lot but it's the swimming pool I use the most - not just for swimming but the various water based exercise classes.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2014, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Sounds very efficient, I hope you enjoy it I have been a member of different gyms for around 15yrs now, wow where did that time go, can't beat it for lifting the spirits and feeling well, too.
You can't beat lifting the Spirits.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top