Join for free
Page 13 of 370 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 09:15 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I'm def getting fitter and lighter on my feet. Ran hard last night with lots of short reps - 30 second efforts with pyramid rests (varied rest period) - over a distance of 6 miles.

This morning I have been out and carried out another speed session over 6 miles with 1 min efforts with 1 min recovery between each, then after 4 of these 3x 2 min efforts with 2 min rest between each and back down / up etc.

Tonight I will jog for 5-6 miles easy.

Starting to feel good .
Wow 6 miles sounds a long long way--I do not ever think I could do that---or find the time to run that long.
But well done you--that is amazing. Next step sounds like a Half Marathon--lol
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 09:51 PM

Been bought a "Fitbit" for Fathers Day, I like numbers, lets see what happens.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you have to have a Smartphone to work in conjunction with it Spitty?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Do you have to have a Smartphone to work in conjunction with it Spitty?
Yes OGF, the kids refuse to let me slip into a comfortable state of Technophobia.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 08:18 PM

Yes OGF, the kids refuse to let me slip into a comfortable state of Technophobia.
I thought about getting one of those 'Fit Bits' but na' I'll stick with my black and white clamshell phone....

Only exercised my wrist today........stop it.....I was painting!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's a punishing regime Mark, too much for me.
I used to do pyramids down at the club, but only once a week, and I was much younger then. Did get some good results though.
Ran pyramid reps on Sunday evening, longer reps on Monday morning with a 5 mile recovery run in the evening. Ran the next day with the club and was flying. 5 weeks ago I was at the back of the pack and really struggling. This week I pushed the pace with all the rest behind me.

Tonight I have been out and run another 7 miles with about 5 miles of that consisting of short reps again. Should set me up for another good run tomorrow night with the club.

A club member mentioned that I looked like I had lost weight . He said my cheek bones were sticking out more.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 09:07 PM

30 lengths today wooooooo!!

I think I've peaked, downhill all the way now!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

15-06-2016, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
30 lengths today wooooooo!!

I think I've peaked, downhill all the way now!
I thought water found it's own level.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

15-06-2016, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Ran pyramid reps on Sunday evening, longer reps on Monday morning with a 5 mile recovery run in the evening. Ran the next day with the club and was flying. 5 weeks ago I was at the back of the pack and really struggling. This week I pushed the pace with all the rest behind me.

Tonight I have been out and run another 7 miles with about 5 miles of that consisting of short reps again. Should set me up for another good run tomorrow night with the club.

A club member mentioned that I looked like I had lost weight . He said my cheek bones were sticking out more.
That's awesome training Mark, you need to enter a race while you're at your peak.

Good work Ruthio, I feel guilty not getting out today after reading both of your reports. I'll try and make up for it in the morning, but I had a killer of a run on Tuesday and didn't feel too good for the rest of the day. It should be an eight miler in the morning but if I feel crap I'll keep it to six.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 10:45 AM

I would love a "fitbit"----but just completely out of my price range. I have a pedometer, that I can wear round my neck--its probably not 100% accurate--but good enough for me--just tells me the basics--steps taken, time taken--distance--cost about £12.00 !!

Page 13 of 370 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top