Join for free
Page 53 of 370 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 > Last »
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 10:05 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

lol thanks OGF. You are right but its boring sometimes. I need some outside-the-box thinking:
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
lol thanks OGF. You are right but its boring sometimes. I need some outside-the-box thinking:
Run it the other way round Cedronella, I do it now and again and it's like running a different route.....
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 10:34 PM

I am like a card pyramid, I tend to fold easily..... yes you are right, I shall try that
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 06:07 PM

Once again it's about time for 30 seconds on the treadmill

Dragging it down from the darkroom was quite a feat, but it's now back in my hallway, ready to hang the washing on
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2017, 08:40 PM

Just attempted 6 miles but ran out of steam after 4-5 again. I really have to get a grip on my calorie consumption and rein this belly of mine in. Done it before and I will do it again - I hope.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Just attempted 6 miles but ran out of steam after 4-5 again. I really have to get a grip on my calorie consumption and rein this belly of mine in. Done it before and I will do it again - I hope.
Running in this heat Mark will soon have you gasping. Maybe not an energy or weight problem. For every degree C your core temperature rises you will lose 10% of your power.

Also, humidity....You are breathing in moisture filled air, not as good quality as fresh, and sweat will not evaporate to keep you cool, so you'll end up wet through and probably dehydrated.....Apart from that.....Enjoy....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-05-2017, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Running in this heat Mark will soon have you gasping. Maybe not an energy or weight problem. For every degree C your core temperature rises you will lose 10% of your power.

Also, humidity....You are breathing in moisture filled air, not as good quality as fresh, and sweat will not evaporate to keep you cool, so you'll end up wet through and probably dehydrated.....Apart from that.....Enjoy....
Always enjoyed running in very hot conditions. Back 20 years ago at the age of 40 I won the Rhondda 10km in a time of 31:24 - over 2 minutes clear of the chasing runners. The weather was as it was yesterday - red hot. They were watching the race on a big screen and one girl game up to me afterwards and said it was amazing anyone could run 5 min miling in such heat. Fast course dropping down which suited me. I was defending my title as I also won it the previous year but with a slightly slower time of 31: 40. Took 2 big trophies home that day as I won the race outright and the over 40s vet.

Thinking about it though I was very light then. I have an extra coating of fat on me now which can't be helping .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-05-2017, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Always enjoyed running in very hot conditions. Back 20 years ago at the age of 40 I won the Rhondda 10km in a time of 31:24 - over 2 minutes clear of the chasing runners. The weather was as it was yesterday - red hot. They were watching the race on a big screen and one girl game up to me afterwards and said it was amazing anyone could run 5 min miling in such heat. Fast course dropping down which suited me. I was defending my title as I also won it the previous year but with a slightly slower time of 31: 40. Took 2 big trophies home that day as I won the race outright and the over 40s vet.

Thinking about it though I was very light then. I have an extra coating of fat on me now which can't be helping .
You know what Mark? People keep telling me that I shouldn't expect too much in my advancing years.....What do they know.....

They are impressive times Mark especially in the heat, good on yer....
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

28-05-2017, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You know what Mark? People keep telling me that I shouldn't expect too much in my advancing years.....What do they know.....

They are impressive times Mark especially in the heat, good on yer....
Are you back to full fitness? The feeling of fatigue has gone?

I have not long come in from a 6 miler. Bit stronger today with a definite improvement in stamina. Will probably go out again later on for 3-4 mile easy.

Loads of cyclists out but I seemed to be the only runner .

Very muggy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

28-05-2017, 09:29 PM

Went to see a physio last week Mark and she manipulated my Sacro Iliat and piriformis, I must admit to now feeling better in the later stages of a run, not as much lower back stiffness. I walked a coast path on Friday that involved a lot of climbing, felt really good and no stiffness next day.

I agree about the muggyness, if it hadn't been for the blustery conditions keeping me cool this morning I think I would have seriously overheated, turned out to be a nice ten though in the end. Nowhere near five minute pace, them days are gone, in fact these days you can double that......

Page 53 of 370 « First < 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top