Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Proudest moment

I know you will have many 'proudest' moments, but if you could choose just one which would it be?

Mine was seeing my daughter accept her English degree at St. Mary & Westfield College, London University.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 07:43 PM

Re: Proudest moment

No contest-getting GCSE A* in Italian some 10 years ago. I was a joke at school and once told to get the black board rubber in French as that was all I was good for.

I have a degree, I have a PhD-that GCSE meant far more to me- I could learn a language after all
Welsh Dragon
Monmouthshire
Welsh Dragon is female  Welsh Dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2010, 08:25 PM

Mine is when my friend took his first steps walking, after suffering a massive stroke. Brought tears to my eyes, but I was so proud of him.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 08:21 AM

I have so many proud moments. I watched my husband receive all of his four degrees, the first before we married, the other three afterwards. We were very proud of our daughters when they were awarded theirs, the eldest has two, and is embarking on her Ph.D. academic prowess was extremely important in our household, even though I am the thick one with only 'O' levels to my name!

I was proud when I first sold one of my pictures and had poems and articles published.

I think most of all I am proud that our children are a credit to us.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 01:27 AM

The day I didn't fart in an elevator full of people.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 07:15 AM

There are so many, son and daughters, births/ graduations/Son retirement at 42/Daughters Tv interviews etc. but, if I had to pick one it would be my wife saying she did not need to have any more operations after her 29th.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 01:36 PM

My proudest moment was when I saw how well my son had done in his A - levels.

I was also very proud when I held both my grandchildren when they were less than an hour old....... in my grandson's case he was a couple of minutes old and I held him before my daughter did!
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

28-09-2010, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
The day I didn't fart in an elevator full of people.

** sniggers **
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 09:39 PM

One of my proudest moments was seeing my first grandson be born. I was so proud of my daughter - she did so well during labour - and when he was born I can't remember anything as wonderful or as beautiful.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 09:43 PM

Having no children of my own, I am proud of what all my Nieces and Nephews have achieved in their lives, but my one proudest moment was when I got a text from my Great-Niece to say that she had achieved 8 A stars on leaving High School! Rang my Sister (her Grandma) and we both cried with each other down the phone. My Sister and Hubby have brought her up from being aged 1. She didn't have the best start in life as a baby, but she has achieved so much in her life now. She is now in her 2nd year at University and doing extremely well............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top