Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 01:53 AM

If you wanted to get to know someone - what questions would you like answered?

If you really wanted to get to know someone what would you like to know about them?

It could be for a job interview, someone wanting to date your son/daughter, a possible partner, a nanny - whatever. The questions can be as personal as you want, and for the sake of this exercise you won't be doing the asking so don't worry about whether you'd have the guts to ask or not

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 09:40 AM

Re: If you wanted to get to know someone - what questions would you like answered?

Thats a difficult one Azz. It would depend on whether this was an important relationship or a business one - I will answer for an important personal one.

If it was a woman I would ask about her father and the relationship she had with him.

If it was a woman I would ask about his mother and the ..........

I would ask about how they regarded animals and whether they liked having them around.

I would ask if they had any secret dreams or ambitions.

I would ask what would make them angry - sad - happy.

I would ask them what they valued most in life.

Can't think of anymore at the moment
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 11:25 AM

Re: If you wanted to get to know someone - what questions would you like answered?

I would want to know about their friends particularly old school friends do they still see them and if not what happened?

Ask about attitude to their job do they work to live or live to work.

Ask about their parents and siblings you can read a lot in a persons body language if they are talking about people they love or people who they are not happy about.

Play the devils advocate on things that you believe are important like truthfulness, bigotry such as:-

"I don' think complete truthfulness is absolutely necessary do you? I mean the odd white lie is OK don't you think?"

"Personally, I don't think gays should be allowed to marry, I mean it's not natural is it?"

See what there reactions are to these statements you will learn a lot.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 11:36 AM

1. Do you like dogs
2. Do you like me.

Easily pleased, me.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 11:58 AM

When we met our two married daughters' husbands to be, apart from the obvious questions about their personality, truthfulness, respect for others, honesty and parentage, we also needed to know that they could match our girls intellectually, shared the same interests and had the same aspirations as far as children were concerned.

My husband certainly didn't marry me for my intellect, as he was light-years ahead in that direction, before his illness. I come from a respectacle well set up upper-middle class family. I didn't frighten the horses in looks, when younger. I think I intrigued him as he hadn't come across a girl quite like me before. We married very young, still in the first flush of youthful love, never having had a previous boy/girl/friend. I was quite happy not to have a career and stay at home and look after the kids. It didn't seem to matter that we had nothing in common apart from our children, where interests were concerned. My husband likes intellectual pursuits, music, theatre, gardening, holidays, going out and about, none of which I enjoy. He did his own thing, whilst I did mine. when he was able to do so. Now he is reliant on me it makes life much more difficult. Our daughters do take him to concerts and the theatre from time to time, but they are busy people. Still we have been together 41 years and haven't killed each other yet, so that is good going!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
1. Do you like dogs
2. Do you like me.

Easily pleased, me.
I like that, C&D Good one and I would ask the same - plus one - do you like parrots
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Question for Azz
(don`t panic, not personal )
Are you by any chance thinking of setting up a Matchmaking website?
just wondering.......
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the questions & replies all - keep them coming

Claire.... no, but, something much much MUCH better
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 05:09 PM

I would just ask why they are interested in x,y,z, and watch their body language.
Their answer would point the way to the next question but their body language would say a whole lot more.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 05:11 PM

Do they love animals, this would tell me alot about the person

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top