Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 05:16 PM

Re: If you wanted to get to know someone - what questions would you like answered?

Whoops, I hit reply before I'd finished, sorry about that

Do they belong to a large or small family
What are their aspirations/dreams
Whether they are grumpy or generally cheerful (don't know how I'd find this out)
Their sense of responsibility
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 07:04 PM

Re: If you wanted to get to know someone - what questions would you like answered?

When my only Daughter brought her fella home for the first time I took him out to my local Pub and left the Women behind. When we came back (much later) I knew all I wanted to know about him and he knew all about me. That was twelve years ago and we all get on like a house on fire, there's nothing like a few pints to relax the atmosphere and loosen the tongues.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 10:36 PM

They say the way a country treats its old people and animals says a lot about the country so in the way you could find out a lot about someone who had shoved a cat in a wheelie bin and granny off a cliff.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 11:10 PM

Do you like dogs? If the answer was no, would have no further questions
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2010, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Do you like dogs? If the answer was no, would have no further questions
Nor would I, end of conversation!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 01:12 AM

Have to say in our house the dog thing rules anyone who don't like the dog we don't like and of course if the dog don't like someone then we don't like them either. (Dog rarely dislikes people)
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 01:25 AM

How many finger nails do you have? - Sense of Humor

Do you believe in God? Deal breaker

Are you gay? Deal breaker #2

Can I borrow a dollar? Is he/she a fool

Have you ever cheated on your wife/hubby? Liar?

Why is there air? Are they smart.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 08:20 AM

Obviously no one should be intentionally cruel to an animal, but I think we would have found it very off putting if one of our future sons-in-law had been obsessed with the creatures.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by qetta ->
Obviously no one should be intentionally cruel to an animal, but I think we would have found it very off putting if one of our future sons-in-law had been obsessed with the creatures.
I would think that this is a very good question to ask as a starting point for getting to know someone. It tells you so much about a person's attitude and respect for life. Obviously obsession is something different, but having an interest in animals and other life is a very important thing for many people.
I can never understand how someone can claim to be a religious person and not be interested in other living creatures who share our world.
So for me it is a very important question to ask. It really has little to do with how many pets they have or what they like to keep as pets.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 03:43 PM

I haven`t a clue-I just stumbled into most friendships/relationships.

I did used to get annoyed when on interview panels as civil servant though.

Officially I was there to `observe` and did not have a vote a such.

So often I saw managers recruited on `empathy` and a feeling they would fit in. All very laudible I admit but managers are not youth trainers-they have staff for that.

I wanted a more bullshie personality ,someone who understood the politics and debate about survival

My career as a civil servant was not special-I should have ben licking arses and not rubbing my superiors up the wrong way

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top