Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

28-09-2010, 03:54 PM

Re: If you wanted to get to know someone - what questions would you like answered?

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I haven`t a clue-I just stumbled into most friendships/relationships.

I did used to get annoyed when on interview panels as civil servant though.

Officially I was there to `observe` and did not have a vote a such.

So often I saw managers recruited on `empathy` and a feeling they would fit in. All very laudible I admit but managers are not youth trainers-they have staff for that.

I wanted a more bullshie personality ,someone who understood the politics and debate about survival

My career as a civil servant was not special-I should have ben licking arses and not rubbing my superiors up the wrong way

You stayed true to yourself , which at the end of the day brings it`s own reward ........... You probably wouldnt have been able to live with yourself if you had been a " Brown Noser " , would you ?

Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 06:00 PM

Re: If you wanted to get to know someone - what questions would you like answered?

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
1. Do you like dogs
2. Do you like me.

Easily pleased, me.
Love me, love my dog.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Thanks for the questions & replies all - keep them coming

Claire.... no, but, something much much MUCH better
I note that you asked the same question on Dogsey (And probably Catsey too) there's something big in the air, I can't wait
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I note that you asked the same question on Dogsey (And probably Catsey too) there's something big in the air, I can't wait
No mention on Catsey!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 06:48 PM

Mags - go ahead and cross post for me, please
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Mags - go ahead and cross post for me, please
Done!
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 03:33 PM

Are you a psycho and do you like animals. No and Yes?
That's ok then.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2010, 07:33 PM

My husband would be a nightmare to get to know. He has been known to tell people that he really doesn't like children and can never eat a whole one. When filling in a form he has put yes please in the tick box next to sex and when stating his religeon he has been Wraith, Klingon and Sith Lord. He likes dogs but is not fond of cats and will tell you that they look at him funny and try and grab his gentleman vegetables.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

29-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
My husband would be a nightmare to get to know. He has been known to tell people that he really doesn't like children and can never eat a whole one. When filling in a form he has put yes please in the tick box next to sex and when stating his religeon he has been Wraith, Klingon and Sith Lord. He likes dogs but is not fond of cats and will tell you that they look at him funny and try and grab his gentleman vegetables.
I like him!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

29-09-2010, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I would think that this is a very good question to ask as a starting point for getting to know someone. It tells you so much about a person's attitude and respect for life. Obviously obsession is something different, but having an interest in animals and other life is a very important thing for many people.
I can never understand how someone can claim to be a religious person and not be interested in other living creatures who share our world.
So for me it is a very important question to ask. It really has little to do with how many pets they have or what they like to keep as pets.
This is so true, many times I've heard it said that you can tell a lot by how someone behaves around dogs and babies.

Personally I could do without 90% of all the humans I've ever met face to face but there is not one single dog I've ever come across that I would not like to be at my side right now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top