Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2010, 11:00 PM

Windows 7

Just wondered if any members have changed to this version. I am on Xp at the moment ,(like I expect some people), but obviously will have to switch eventually. Just hoping that I don't have to jettison some of my existing software. If any of you have it, what are your thoughts on it good or bad?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2010, 11:16 PM

Re: Windows 7

It doesn't affect me as I have a Mac .....
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 01:45 AM

I'm on a Mac too
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 03:17 AM

Another Mac user here ......
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 07:28 AM

I have had no real problems with Windows 7 since changing over. Some of my older games don't work with it but that's not a problem!

Good luck with your changeover, I am sure you will like it!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 08:05 AM

My laptop is Windows7, but I don't use it very often. We have a new computer (Windows 7) which is awaiting my daughter having time to spare to install for us, the one I am using at present has Windows XP, which I have liked.
FayRose
Devon, UK
FayRose is female  FayRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 09:42 AM

Had to switch when the old computer turned up its toes and there was no other option really.
The main difficulties affecting what we use are that Outlook Express is no longer available (we preferred that to Outlook) for emails and the version of Paintshop Pro we had would not work properly and would cost a fortune to upgrade.
Also there is no W7 driver available yet to drive our A3 printer which is also a pain.

Most other software seems to work OK-ish though ..... so far.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 09:47 AM

I would certainly miss Outlook express, as its my favourite E-Mail system. I'm just going to wait till the last knockings before changing over. I suppose we should all be thrilled at a new Windows, but its all about getting updated programmes, and the expense that incurs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 12:49 PM

Windows XP here (and IE 8 ) which suits me fine. I don't like change, it takes so long to get used to new things
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Windows XP here (and IE 8 ) which suits me fine. I don't like change, it takes so long to get used to new things

I like XP but my kiddiwinks insisted Mummy's computer wasn't fit for purpose as it is 4 years old, and thowing up a few problems. I bought the new one a few months ago, but it is sitting reproachfully next to the one I am using, waiting for our vicar daughter to sort it our for me. Come to think of it, she hasn't sorted out her new one either!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top