Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2010, 05:42 PM

Have you met anyone in the public eye and did they live up to your expections?

I have met a number of such people in my 60 years, some were as they appear in the media, others weren't as pleasant.

I was an invited guest of Kilroy once. He was a foul mouthed horrible human being when off camera!

I was also an invited guest on 'This Morning' in the late 90s. That day the late Caron Keating and Richard Madeley were the presenters. Caron Keating was lovely, but Madeley was really up himself, I didn't care for him at all.

My Dad and Mum were invited to a private dinner party on the Royal Yacht, I think it was the late 80s/early 90s, this was in my father's role as a senior politician. He got on like a house on fire with Prince Philip their views being similar, heaven help us!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2010, 05:56 PM

Re: Have you met anyone in the public eye and did they live up to your expections?

I met Roger Moore once and he was a real nice chap - really down to earth
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2010, 06:34 PM

Re: Have you met anyone in the public eye and did they live up to your expections?

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I met Roger Moore once and he was a real nice chap - really down to earth
He seems like nice guy.
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2010, 06:51 PM

Willie Whitelaw - I met folk who worked for him - they loved him.

Edwina Currie - I met her - seemed like a prat.
Dancingsky
None

08-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by alima ->
Willie Whitelaw - I met folk who worked for him - they loved him.

Edwina Currie - I met her - seemed like a prat.
I couldn't believe she had an affair with John Major!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2010, 08:07 PM

About 5 years ago I was having a drink with my Son at his local and Colin Farrell walked in, there were not many in the pub at the time and we got into conversation about the changes in Dublin City. I found him to be a very intelligent young man, polite and modest.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Met Reg Holdsworth from Corrie some time ago-he lived in the same town as me. He came and sat at the same table as myself and my Sister in a cafe........he never stopped talking and looked like a change of clothes and a good bath wouldn't have done him any harm!
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2010, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
I couldn't believe she had an affair with John Major!
I couldn't believe that John Major had an affair with her!!!

He may seem boring but otherwise ok (for a Tory) but she's an absolute pain.
Dancingsky
None

09-10-2010, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by alima ->
I couldn't believe that John Major had an affair with her!!!

He may seem boring but otherwise ok (for a Tory) but she's an absolute pain.
I agree with you.
Dancingsky
None

09-10-2010, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Met Reg Holdsworth from Corrie some time ago-he lived in the same town as me. He came and sat at the same table as myself and my Sister in a cafe........he never stopped talking and looked like a change of clothes and a good bath wouldn't have done him any harm!
I don't remember him I stopped watching the soap years ago. In fact I stopped watching all the main soaps when my husband put his foot down saying I was watching far too many, and not getting much intellectual stimulation, which is all important in our family. Unfortunately my single brain cell soon goes on overload, especially these days!
The actor Brian Moseley, a Catholic, who played in the soap, can't remember the character, contacted me not long before he died. He wanted to visit our 'miracle' field in the hope of a cure as the trip to Lourdes was too far in his condition. Sadly he couldn't even make it as far as our field as he was too ill. I probably still have his letter somewhere around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top