Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Re: Have you met anyone in the public eye and did they live up to your expections?

I've met a few "famous" people in both my working and private life. At work I met Prince Phillip (couldn't believe how small he was) briefly; Gordon Brown (couldn't get away quick enough - obviously common people were tiresome for him); Princess Diana (seemed very shy and not very bright).

In my private life, I met Prince Edward and his wife Sophie at the Norfolk Show one year. Sophie was brilliant - she got down on her knees on the grass and had a huge kiss and cuddle with our huskies - got covered in husky hair and didn't mind in the least. Edward was a bit less forthcoming, but still seemed very nice (although I'm not even remotely a royalist).
As occasional breeders, we seemed to attract celebrities. We were visited by Daley Thompson and his wife, weatherman Francis Wilson and his wife, and drum 'n bass musician Goldie.
Daley was a real hero of mine but we still turned him down for a dog as we didn't think his lifestyle was suitable. Francis Wilson also got turned down for the same reason. Goldie, however, we got on with like a house on fire (although I can't stand his music) and he ended up with two dogs from us (Dylan and Bowie).

Mick
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2010, 04:33 PM

Re: Have you met anyone in the public eye and did they live up to your expections?

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
I don't remember him I stopped watching the soap years ago. In fact I stopped watching all the main soaps when my husband put his foot down saying I was watching far too many, and not getting much intellectual stimulation, which is all important in our family. Unfortunately my single brain cell soon goes on overload, especially these days!
The actor Brain Moseley, a Catholic, who played in the soap, can't remember the character, contacted me not long before he died. He wanted to visit our 'miracle' field in the hope of a cure as the trip to Lourdes was too far in his condition. Sadly he couldn't even make it as far as our field as he was too ill. I probably still have his letter somewhere around.
He played the part of Alf Roberts in the Corner Shop and I could imagine him being a very nice gentleman in real life.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
He played the part of Alf Roberts in the Corner Shop and I could imagine him being a very nice gentleman in real life.
Well if his letter was anything to go by he was a nice man.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2010, 05:09 PM

I have met Martin Carthy(folk singer) who bought me a beer and was a thoroughly nice bloke.

And Edgar Broughton(rock musician) who didn`t buy me a beer as the band were waiting to go on again if it stopped raining-another nice bloke.

But the best ,even if he was only `famous` for a while, was the late Harry Dodson(gardener)-what a gentleman and so knowledgeable

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top