Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 06:41 PM

Re: Did you have a TV when you were a child?

We weren't permitted to watch Quatermass as it was too scary.

I liked all the 'Watch with Mother' progs apart from 'Rag, Tag and Bobtail', which I thought boring.
buttercup
Wiltshire
buttercup is female  buttercup has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 06:48 PM

I can't really remember why I was still up to watch Quatermass as my Father was quite strict (nice strict, not nasty strict) I just remember being in the sitting room (with its red flock wallpaper) and the quatermass music coming on and then me hiding behind settee or a big cushion. Maybe I was on the way to bed? Can't remember what time it was on.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2010, 08:25 PM

Can't remember when we first got our television, but a couple of the neighbours beat us to it. One of them allowed us to go and watch Bill & Ben etc. every day then we had to go home.

Remember my Dad bringing the television home-he had bought it from a place that sold very old reconditioned ones and he pushed it all the way home on his bike. Once it had given up the ghost we rented one from Radio Rentals along with a radio.....
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 08:26 PM

I was born in a home with a telly.

My parents got one for the coronation (1952?) and I was born in 1957.
butterfly
London
butterfly is female  butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 01:03 PM

I think I was about ten or eleven before we got a TV. I remember some of my friends having them and we would always end up at their homes to watch something. The one that sticks in my mind was Car 54 Where Are You..............an American police comedy for children.

Anyone else remember it?

We used to listen to the radio a lot, Family Favourites and the Clitheroe Kid and Listen with Mother are things I remember.
anna
Norway
anna is female  anna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 11:50 PM

In my country the first television broadcasts started in 1960. I vaguely remember watching tv in 1961 - but the program watched made no impact.
After that I have no remembrance of television before watching "Flipper" in the late sixties. I still remembers the heros name - Luke Halpin. A real dream..

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top