Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 08:23 AM

Re: Did you use a fountain pen at school? Read this news article

I was forced to write thank you letters as a child, not always for presents I liked! By the time I had written a fair copy to my parent's satisfaction, I was beginning to hate the giver and it spoilt the pleasure of the present! I phone and thank people these days. Obviously in those days a thank you letter was expected, rather than a phone call. Even my own children were expected to write thank you letters and they hated it as much as me. My grandchildren phone and thank people for their presents, if they can't say thank you in person, so much better than having unwillingly to write a thank you letter, imo. I detest receiving thank you letters, especially the ones that are obviously off the production line, I would much prefer a phone call.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 09:28 AM

By coincidence we had someone come into the centre yesterday and ask if we had any fountain pens, so somebody is still using them.

I am also a leftie it is difficult to write with a fountain pen. We used to buy the pens with the cartridges when I was at school.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:39 AM

Yes, I did use a fountain pen at school. We actually had ink well in the corner of our desks. They finally switched to fountain pens that had ink cartridges that you plugged into the tip.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:41 AM

I used a fountain pen at `big school` and (then anyway) had fairly neat writing as opposed to the scribble it is now!!

But primary school was difficult-those ink pens were old and(so I say) biased from years of right handers using them-yes I too am a lefty
butterfly
London
butterfly is female  butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 12:53 PM

I used a fountain pen at school and still use one today.............not that I write many letters nowadays.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top