Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Re: children with odd names

My name is Kathryn and is quite normal but it's possible to spell it at least 4 ways. I usually find named pens and key fobs use the Catherine way and it's not common to find things the way mine is written.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Brandykins ->
LOL DS! My name is ordinary but in two parts joined together! First one after my Mum and last one after my Dad's youngest sister - so I are RoseMary!!
Snap! The first bit of my name was because my maternal grandfather, who died before I was born, favoured it, but I never allow it to be shorten to that as I dislike it. The second part was after my paternal grandmother, whom I couldn't stand. But put together I don't mind my name in full.
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Having to keep registers, I don`t mind the odd names so much (although the plump blonde child called Ebony or the brown haired shy child called Scarlett raised a few eyebrows) it`s the made-up spellings. Like Kayleb. Or Tayla. They get so annoyed when you get it wrong.

I know! A name's 'not for Christmas, it's for life'. Poor little sod has to live up to it.

So, it might seem sweet calling a child 'Willow' but what if she's a little dumpy person. And names that suit a little girl don't necessarily suit a grown woman.

The only good thing about the trend for unusual names is that the victim doesn't stand out - there are loads of other kids with silly names. In my day, a daft name singled you out for a hard time but nowadays it's commonplace.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2010, 08:25 PM

Therer seem to be an awful lot of surnames being used now for girls...Our neighbour has 2 little girls....Taylor & Tanner....!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top