Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 04:41 PM

Anger.

I very seldom get angry these Days (not to be confused with annoyed) but I did today. I was soldering a spring catch to a silver bracelet. The bracelet was very hot so I left it on the bench to cool off, then without thinking I picked it up...ARRRH!. I was angry with myself for being so stupid and after I rubbed my fingers in my hair I let out a string of Fs and Bs, after a while I was back to normal again. How do you control your anger?.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 04:54 PM

Re: Anger.

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I very seldom get angry these Days (not to be confused with annoyed) but I did today. I was soldering a spring catch to a silver bracelet. The bracelet was very hot so I left it on the bench to cool off, then without thinking I picked it up...ARRRH!. I was angry with myself for being so stupid and after I rubbed my fingers in my hair I let out a string of Fs and Bs, after a while I was back to normal again. How do you control your anger?.
I'm afraid I turn to food, I probably would comfort eat, I would go out and buy a big bar of chocolate. Not good! I wouldn't recommend it
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Agggggggggggggh! That's what I would do

I burnt myself with a steamer once - whilst lifting the lid off. Oh my did that hurt! And boy did I shout out loud!

Hope your fingers get well soon - I had to have dead the skin cut off mine after the dressing came off, so if yours is bad get to A&E.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 05:10 PM

I spend my life burning or scalding myself, usually through total carelessness, but it doesn't make me angry I am used to it!

My husband's condition makes me angry and I do shout at him out of frustration sometimes, which isn't to my credit. I try to keep out of his way if I am more stressed than usual.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 06:09 PM

I curse - that's why Soochie, my African Grey parrot learnt to swear!! It is with people I lose my temper though with, especially those who turn out to be false friends!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 06:11 PM

I don't get angry often, but when I do is usually a good one and leaves no-one in any doubt about how I feel. Once I have let off steam by sorting everyone out (usually verbally) I go off by myself for a while to cool down. My anger doesn't usually last very long, but when I get angry people know I mean it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Thanks for your concern Azz but it's not serious, it's just that my mind was elsewhere instead of on my work,I wont do it again I can assure you. Senior moment perhaps?.
Thanks for the warning Aerolor
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 06:45 PM

I don`t think I have been `angry` for over 20 years now-but I did.

That bloody `red mist`.I still feel the signs now and again and just go for a walk or look in a mirror and tell myself not to be such a prat
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 08:00 PM

I rarely get really angry, but when I do, if I'm alone will swear a lot. Haven't had a real screaming confrontation in years.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 10:24 PM

Never get angry-get more annoyed and frustrated really, and then it takes me a long time to get to that stage-am very laid back and tend to let 'things' go over my head. Really don't like arguments and confrontations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top