Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 10:52 PM

Treating minor burns

Following on Jemflux and Azz mentioning burns in the Anger thread, do you know that a very simple and easy way to treat one is to rub the juice from an aloe vera plant leaf on it? It's an easily grown non-demanding house plant that even black-thumbers can grow. I've always had one in the kitchen and as I can be a bit klutzy sometimes and get a burn or steam scald, always use the aloe. It not only relieves the pain quickly but also seems to avoid blistering. Worth giving it a try.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 10:55 PM

Re: Treating minor burns

I have heard this before and know people who have used it and said it works very well!

Oddly enough I burnt my hand a bit the other day and I had some chopped beetroot in my hand so just rubbed that on it - and it soothed it quite well
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:00 PM

Believe me, it is true, Azz! If I weren't on the other side of the Pond I'd send you a cutting.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:23 PM

Dandymoms advised me to use aloe vera on a bad scald, and it worked a treat, always have the plant now...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:30 PM

Good advice there, DM Many thanks for sharing and must remember that!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2010, 11:32 PM

My mum has some in her front porch DM -I'll pinch some of her

Did you know aloe vera juice is very very very good for you? I'd buy it frequently if it didn't cost 20 quid a bottle!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-10-2010, 11:40 PM

[QUOTE=Azz;74011]My mum has some in her front porch DM -I'll pinch some of her

Did you know aloe vera juice is very very very good for you? I'd buy it frequently if it didn't cost 20 quid a bottle! [/QUOTE

Did'n't know that! I've always just applied it externally!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

14-10-2010, 01:37 AM

Here ya go - you can juice your own:

Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 08:06 AM

Running the affected area under the cold tap does the business for me.
Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
Running the affected area under the cold tap does the business for me.
Followed by a smear of Vaseline.
The idea is to cut off the air.
The cold water takes away the heat and reduces the air contact.
The Vaseline has wonderful healing properties and continues to keep the air away.
Aloe Vera's good too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top