Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 07:12 PM

Champagne Truffles?

Through today I have heard just bits of news relating to something regarding Champagne Truffles - and apparently the French objecting, and I believe demanding the word 'Champagne' be withdrawn, (but not sure).

If this is correct, surely anything with the word 'Champagne' would be targetted, including referring to it as a colour description.

Anyone know anything more?

Rainbow
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Re: Champagne Truffles?

Sorry, never heard that!
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Thanks anyway Brandykins, Perhaps I was imagining it!! (Love Truffles ... any flavour)

But definitely heard something about advertising 'Champagne' even though quite correctly they had added Champagne!

Rainbow
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 09:55 PM

All I know is that Champagne (bubbly wine) can only be called Champagne if it is made in the Champagne area of France. Perhaps the same applies to truffles - Perhaps Thorntons know.
Rainbow
Surrey UK

14-10-2010, 10:00 PM

I think this is the issue. But based on that, why target this one Sweet Supplier, when there are other outlets relating to 'Champagne'.

(Know it's not of National importance, but just bugging me to want to find out). Is Mr. or Mrs Thornton on this Site?

Rainbow
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 10:08 PM

Is there something similar about Whiskey too? I can't remb now but it rings a bell!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 10:13 PM

I think you can get a Champagne blonde hair colourant as well
Rainbow
Surrey UK

14-10-2010, 10:32 PM

Aerolor, LOL - Hang that lady for daring to colour her hair with a CHAMPAGNE product!!!

Azz, I don't think the Scottish would be so pinikity. The main difference being between France and Scotland..... Shhhhh say no more!

Rainbow
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-10-2010, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Is there something similar about Whiskey too? I can't remb now but it rings a bell!

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Aerolor, LOL - Hang that lady for daring to colour her hair with a CHAMPAGNE product!!!

Azz, I don't think the Scottish would be so pinikity. The main difference being between France and Scotland..... Shhhhh say no more!

Rainbow

LOL

They might geta tad peed off about folks misspelling
their famous National Drink though ..............

It`s W H I S K Y , Azz ................

P.S ............ It`s P E R N I C K I T Y ( or as they say in America , persickity ) .....................
Expresso1
New Member!
UK
Expresso1 is female 

17-10-2010, 07:47 AM

It`s W H I S K Y , Azz ................

Not if your Irish Mystic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top