Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 11:29 PM

Re: Odd Socks?

Lol dunno Rainbow - just surprised it hasn't been done yet, as we seem to go round in circles for everything else.. flares, skinny jeans, etc
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
As long as they look similar I don't mind

I'm surprised actually why different coloured trouser legs are not in fashion yet
Hey, Azz, think that went out of fashion after the 14th century ... the Pied Piper, remember?
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 08:25 AM

I hate matching socks as I am not good at matching anything. However, it is a task I have to do everytime there is a batch of washing to sort. We all have different patterned socks. Yes I did discover I was wearing odd socks the other day, but as I wasn't going anywhere didn't bother to change them. As long as my clothes are clean and comfortable, which is very important to me, what they look like is secondary importance unless I have to be smart for some reason, which thankfully is rare these days.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 09:12 AM

I don't like odd socks either! I like my socks matching and of appropriate colour to my trousers I have been known to wear odd ones when desperate but only when wearing boots.

I think I must be turning into my mother who would only wear matching clothes including coat!

I buy several pairs of socks that are the same so there is a higher chance of finding matching ones!

I was looking at books on Amazon yesterday and came across a book which utilises odd socks by making them into characters
butterfly
London
butterfly is female  butterfly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 12:06 PM

I never wear odd socks. I always buy them in batches of ten or twelve then chuck out all my old ones, or give them to my children, so that all socks are the same and I don't have to match them.

My husband wears stripey socks and they are rather colourful so they are dead easy to match up in pairs.
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 01:14 PM

I buy black socks all same make and size, around 10 pairs. Every 6 months throw out the old, replace with the new.
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 08:36 PM

My daughter has worn odd socks from about the age of 13.

She'll wear striped with stars or pink with black. She just doesn't care.

The funny thing is, it looks fine. What's better, it's so liberating. She wastes no time on sock-sorting (the bane of my life). She just finds two socks and gets on with her day.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 08:45 PM

Can never wear odd socks, as all of mine are the same colour-black! When my Nieces were younger they wore odd socks-use to think they had put them on 'accidentally', but they informed me that it was 'fashion'.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 10:09 PM

My missus is always mixing up my socks in the wash and as I always wear dark socks it adds to the problem, plenty of times I've went out with a grey one on one foot and a black one on the other, it's not that her sight is bad it's just that she hasn't got to wear them so she don't care, but when she's going out she asks me to inspect her dress etc. to make sure everything is perfect, cheeky eh.
alima
surrey
alima is female  alima has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
My missus is always mixing up my socks in the wash and as I always wear dark socks it adds to the problem, plenty of times I've went out with a grey one on one foot and a black one on the other, it's not that her sight is bad it's just that she hasn't got to wear them so she don't care, but when she's going out she asks me to inspect her dress etc. to make sure everything is perfect, cheeky eh.
If you're that bothered, take control of the sock pairing yourself.

And if it makes you feel better, I've gone out in odd shoes.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top