Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 08:18 AM

I think its Saturday.

Good Saturday morning. I can't believe it is Saturday already, this week has flown more than usual.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 09:15 AM

Re: I think its Saturday.

Good Morning DS and Everyone! I can't believe it's Saturday either, DS Not long until the end of this month either! I remember my late Mum telling me that once I reached 21 the years would fly by! Now I do believe her

Hope everyone will enjoy Saturday, whatever the weather

I nearly set my kitchenette on fire last night I thought I would fry potatoes I had left over from lunchtime and I cut them up and put them in my frying pan, which is an iron skillet one, and then I put on the next gas ring and before I could say boo to a cat - my pan caught fire! I just looked at it to start with - then shouted help Loki came running in and took one look at it and run back out!! I then nearly grabbed it with my bare hand and at the last second grabbed the towel and lifted it off the cooker - was going to put it out on the veranda! However, the minute I took it off and away from the cooker towards the veranda door - the flames went out, just as though someone put them out for me!

My fried potatoes were fried right enough - all black specks and went in the bin!! Now I have a lovely job to do - clean my cooker!!

I will be careful next time!! I used to always keep a wet dishtowel and a drum of salt next to me at the cooker when I used to make chips - think I should start doing that next time I fry something!!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 11:29 AM

Goodness Brandykins I am glad you are safe. I have never had a chip pan or fried potatoes in a frying pan. I always use the oven bake variety.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 01:14 PM

Gosh the week just flew by! hope you're all well
Elizabeth
Cotswolds
Elizabeth is female 

16-10-2010, 02:02 PM

It is a nice sunny Saturday here. Very welcome after the last couple of days.

Frying pan fire sounds horrible Brandkins. Glad though you didn't suffer damage other than a cooker that needs cleaning.

Back out into the garden now to plant some more bulbs and pansies.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 04:37 PM

Hi all. Sunny but still much below normal, 12 C (54 F) with a brisk breeze. I reallty feel the cold after the long lovely warm Summer ..

Brandykins, how scary! Glad you're all right.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 05:41 PM

Brandykins-at least you did not panic,I remember the horror stories about those who were foolish enough to add water-NOT a wise thing to do.

I`m just back from Addenbroke`s courtesy of my very kind neighbour Maggie. Jenny is off of the ENT ward following her CT scan(the results are not in yet but the consultant does not think the new lump is `suspicious`)

She is now on the respiratory ward awaiting having her lung drained and re-inflated. I don`t think she will be home for my birthday next thursday which is a bit sad for both of us
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 08:48 PM

OG, sorry Jenny will have to miss the birthday; sad for both of you. Hope the consultant's opinion will be confirmed when the results are in.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 09:02 PM

Brandykins, that sounds awful, but glad you're ok.......

OG, hope all goes well for Jenny, and yourself-you never know, she may be home for your birthday......

Usual Saturday....walking and weekly shop after dinner. Then 2 hour walk along the canal......took bread for the ducks and the swans.....lots of them today.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-10-2010, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
Goodness Brandykins I am glad you are safe. I have never had a chip pan or fried potatoes in a frying pan. I always use the oven bake variety.

Always ? ? ?

They`ve only been around 20 yrs , I think , if that even .

What did you do prior to that ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top