Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 12:56 PM

Water Divining

My late father was a water diviner. He didn't use the skill as a party trick, it had a very practical purpose. We needed a bore hole dug on our property and he was able to pinpoint the exact spot where the most water could be found. When I was a kid water diviners were called in when a source of water was needed to be traced in my island home.

My father was also a geographical dowser too, which was useful if you needed to find a person or object. When the Stone of Scone went missing from under the Coronation chair got out his divining rod and led the police to the barn where it was housed on its onward journey to Scotland. We have photos of him with the Scotland Yard detectives.

I don't know how divining/dowsing works but I am of the opinion it is natural 'gift' and nothing supernatural is involved. Unfortunately neither my sisters of myself have the ability. One day it might be interesting to see if the grandchildren have it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 01:11 PM

Re: Water Divining

I've not heard of it before tbh - and must say I am usually sceptical about stuff unless it is grounded in good scientific evidence... but if you know anyone who can find me a million pounds please fee free to send them my way
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 01:49 PM

I don't know anything about that personally but have seen programs on it years ago on telly! Can't remember what they were called.

Your Dad had a special gift, DS.

Many thanks for sharing.

Take care.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 04:51 PM

There are a lot of water diviners in Ireland and their services are sought after all over the Country North and South, people here have great faith in them. I can't say I've met one though.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-10-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
My late father was a water diviner. He didn't use the skill as a party trick, it had a very practical purpose. We needed a bore hole dug on our property and he was able to pinpoint the exact spot where the most water could be found. When I was a kid water diviners were called in when a source of water was needed to be traced in my island home.

My father was also a geographical dowser too, which was useful if you needed to find a person or object. When the Stone of Scone went missing from under the Coronation chair got out his divining rod and led the police to the barn where it was housed on its onward journey to Scotland. We have photos of him with the Scotland Yard detectives.

I don't know how divining/dowsing works but I am of the opinion it is natural 'gift' and nothing supernatural is involved. Unfortunately neither my sisters of myself have the ability. One day it might be interesting to see if the grandchildren have it.

I cant speak for the rest of your post but the bolded and undelined bit is utter tosh !

Removal and damage
On Christmas Day 1950, a group of four Scottish students (Ian Hamilton, Gavin Vernon, Kay Matheson, and Alan Stuart) took the Stone from Westminster Abbey for return to Scotland.[8] In the process of removing it from the Abbey, the students discovered the stone was broken and probably had been for hundreds of years. After hiding the greater part of the stone with travellers in Kent for a few days, they risked the road blocks on the border and returned to Scotland with this piece, which they had hidden in the back of a borrowed car, along with a new accomplice John Josselyn. The smaller piece was similarly brought north a little while later. This journey involved a break in Leeds, where a group of sympathetic students and graduates took the fragment to Ilkley Moor for an overnight stay, accompanied by renditions of "On Ilkla Moor Baht 'at". The Stone was then passed to a senior Glasgow politician who arranged for it to be professionally repaired by Glasgow stonemason Robert Gray.

A major search for the stone had been ordered by the British Government, but this proved unsuccessful. Perhaps assuming that the Church would not return it to England, the stone's custodians left it on the altar of Arbroath Abbey, on 11 April 1951, in the safekeeping of the Church of Scotland. Once the London police were informed of its whereabouts, the Stone was returned to Westminster. Afterwards, rumours circulated that copies had been made of the Stone, and that the returned Stone was not in fact the original.[9]

Ian Hamilton spoke of the removal and damage of the stone as recently as the 26 July 2009 at The Gathering 2009 in Edinburgh.

Source .............
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_of_Scone
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 09:52 PM

I can't comment about the Stone of Scone, but I do believe that dowsers exist. There are too many documented cases of it to be just coincidence. Many people hire them to locate water for wells.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-10-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I can't comment about the Stone of Scone, but I do believe that dowsers exist. There are too many documented cases of it to be just coincidence. Many people hire them to locate water for wells.

Oh yes , most certainly they do exist ............. I was arguing the case of the cock and bull story about the Stone Of Destiny is all
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
I cant speak for the rest of your post but the bolded and undelined bit is utter tosh !
Originally Posted by Topaz ->
I was arguing the case of the cock and bull story about the Stone Of Destiny is all
There's no need to be so aggressive Topaz - this is a friendly forum, please bear that in mind when posting. if you can't articulate what you want to say in a friendly manner, especially in someone's personal thread - please refrain from saying anything at all.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-10-2010, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
There's no need to be so aggressive Topaz - this is a friendly forum, please bear that in mind when posting. if you can't articulate what you want to say in a friendly manner, especially in someone's personal thread - please refrain from saying anything at all.

Well well well !

I`m surprised you didnt take me to task with this in PM Azz .After all you did not publicly castigate Antibrown or Qetta /Dancing Sky for the disgusting , aggresive lies and out of order posts they made to , and about me , did you , so why single me out ?

" Utter tosh " is very mild in comparison to what was posted about me dont you think ?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 11:26 PM

Oh I knew it was just the Stone of Stone story you were questioning. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top