Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 09:04 PM

Re: Yoga for men

Originally Posted by mups ->
doubt it rhian, but our dongle doesn't know that . . . so we could invent one?
Originally Posted by longdogs ->
so come on, are there any blokes out there doing it or do i need to watch more rugby and chop some logs?
dongles, don't listen to these other men, they are jealous and trying to lead you astray, a thoroughly bad influence.
Me and rhian will come and hold your hand and keep you on the straight and narrow.
Originally Posted by rehab44 ->
excuse me for being a tad crass, but what if you fart?
Originally Posted by rhian ->
i think that is position 260
and is perfectly acceptable providing the gas release is in b minor
Originally Posted by rehab44 ->
that's me buggered then, i am tone deaf
i need to tone up.
we will expect photo's and progress reports too, mr. Dongle.
no photos until i get my leotard dry cleaned mups.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Blimey
Sometimes there's no shutting me up is there?!!!
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Blimey
Sometimes there's no shutting me up is there?!!!
Thank you!
It was priceless.

On a serious note, I think guys doing yoga is pretty ‘hot’.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
In the past, the thought of men doing Yoga has always seemed a bit....poncy to me but now that I am getting older than I would like, I am considering taking it up. I have recently downloaded an ebook on the subject and the exercises look quite easy.

So does Yoga actually work? Does it make you feel good and relieve stress as claimed?
Good for you LD, I've heard its excellent to help relieve stress. I have been thinking of taking it up myself, I downloaded an app on my phone and there are you tube tutorials on there, it's called Yoga Fitness (if you have a phone)
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 11:12 PM

Tai Chi is good for those suffering from arthritis
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

10-03-2018, 11:29 PM

Tai chi, yoga, palettes, balance ball.....
There are plenty of great exercises that are great for both men & women.
They are GREAT for arthritis. I do yoga every morning and it’s done a lot for my core strength and flexibility. It definitely relieves sore joints and muscles. The yoga I do has 13 individual routines. I love it.
I’m not positive about this but I ‘think’ yoga would be more difficult for men in some ways. Either way I support all men wishing to experiment with yoga
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2018, 01:05 AM

In the past, the thought of men doing Yoga has always seemed a bit....poncy to me but now that I am getting older than I would like, I am considering taking it up. I have recently downloaded an ebook on the subject and the exercises look quite easy.

So does Yoga actually work? Does it make you feel good and relieve stress as claimed?
The classes I have taken over the years have always had men, usually quite a few military pilots and surfers (for breathing, flexibility, focus) along with a few other random types.

Now I know that it doesn't hurt that there are some adorable girls in the classes...but yes, plenty of men take yoga classes for good reason - it does work. In fact, I think the older one gets the greater the benefits.

Go for it.
watsonwillam
Australia
watsonwillam is male 

27-11-2018, 08:20 AM

Remaining Forward Fold. Uttanasana, or Standing Forward Fold, opens the back of the legs, the hips and the back. ...
Warrior One. This notorious stance extends men where they require it most—the hips and shoulders.
Seat Pose.
Descending Facing Dog.
Upward Facing Dog.
Vessel Pose.
Butterfly Pose. ...
Half Pigeon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by watsonwillam ->
Remaining Forward Fold. Uttanasana, or Standing Forward Fold, opens the back of the legs, the hips and the back. ...
Warrior One. This notorious stance extends men where they require it most—the hips and shoulders.
Seat Pose.
Descending Facing Dog.
Upward Facing Dog.
Vessel Pose.
Butterfly Pose. ...
Half Pigeon.
Thanks WW. I never did start it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 11:18 AM

Thanks WW. I never did start it.

Don't worry about all those names Dongle.

Come with me tomorrow, I'll look after you.

Meet me on the corner at 10.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top