Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 08:02 PM

Re: General fitness deterioration!

Got to have someone to blame, I suppose.

I was always painting or papering at one time but, unfortunately just going up a ladder for me is like attempting to climb the North Face of the Eiger, without crampons!

Problem is, I've always been house-proud, but now I'm just very embarrassed if anyone calls.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Got to have someone to blame, I suppose.

I was always painting or papering at one time but, unfortunately just going up a ladder for me is like attempting to climb the North Face of the Eiger, without crampons!

Problem is, I've always been house-proud, but now I'm just very embarrassed if anyone calls.
Mollie don't worry, I am sure people come to see you not your house .
Half my problem is due to my eyesight, I can't see close up things very well these days .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2011, 08:34 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Meg. It ain't a lot of fun getting older, is it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2011, 11:30 AM

Mollie darlin' - aging is NOT for wimps!!! - have metal knees and hips, have been forbidden to kneel anywhere (I did try it once and it was excruciatingly painful). I can't climb stairs, I can't walk too far nor can I stand for too long either. Dusting merely puts the dust back into the air again for me to breathe in (I'm Asthmatic) so that too is a no, no.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

12-07-2011, 12:48 PM

I guess I shouldn't moan really as there are folk far worse off than me.

I'm still all in one piece, so to speak, and am rarely ill, apart from the mini stroke I had in April, and which I was over after a month off work.

It's just frustrating not to be able to do what one could do not too long ago.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 12:03 PM

I am not near 50 yet and struggle with chronic fatigue, most annoying
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 03:39 PM

[QUOTE=.

maybe have your blood checked to see if you are anemic [/QUOTE]

Do get your bloods checked and also have a word with the doctor to get a checked out. Just cos we are getting older does not mean we have to feel tired. Once you know that you are as fit as a fiddle then you can start to make sure you are properly hydrated, not eating too much sugar so that you get sugar lows.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 08:30 PM

If I were you I'd get checked by a Doctor, you're only 52.

I'm nearly 63 and cycle 80km a week, run on the treadmill, walk the dogs etc, etc, etc, you shouldn't be feeling like that at your age.

Hope you can get it sorted.....
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2011, 11:25 PM

Would love to be fitter than I am now, but arthritis is slowly getting to me.
RockriderSpain
Malaga, Spain
RockriderSpain is male  RockriderSpain has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Graham ->
Would love to be fitter than I am now, but arthritis is slowly getting to me.
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones so far.

My late father walked 6 miles every day, and had none of the problems associated with getting older.

He passed away at age 86 when the big 'C' took him. So perhaps, and hopefully, I have some of his 'fit' genes.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top