Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 06:34 PM

Any pilots or plane buffs out there?

I'm told the CAA website contains a page which records every airplane incident...............but I can't find it - can anyone help?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 06:42 PM

Re: Any pilots or plane buffs out there?

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I'm told the CAA website contains a page which records every airplane incident...............but I can't find it - can anyone help?
I don't know anything about the records page but this site might be useful although I'm guessing you already know about this. Are you trying to track the light aircraft that went down near the Channel Islands?

https://www.flightradar24.com/60,15/6
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't know anything about the records page but this site might be useful although I'm guessing you already know about this. Are you trying to track the light aircraft that went down near the Channel Islands?

https://www.flightradar24.com/60,15/6
Thanks, but no. I want information on a flight from Banjul Gambia last Friday. It was reported to passengers as Bird Strike but I'd like to know the official view.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 07:02 PM

The AAIB (Air Accident Investigation Branch) is allied to the CAA and investigates every incident in British airspace but I'm not sure if they would have a record from an incident in Africa.

Maybe you should try the aviation authority of the country where the incident took place such as the Gambian Civil Aviation Authority
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 07:32 PM

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopi...ir_Travel.html
Lindyloo
isle of wight

22-01-2019, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
The AAIB (Air Accident Investigation Branch) is allied to the CAA and investigates every incident in British airspace but I'm not sure if they would have a record from an incident in Africa.

Maybe you should try the aviation authority of the country where the incident took place such as the Gambian Civil Aviation Authority
I'll take a look at that, but a couple of plane buffs insisted the CAA website hold records and I'd like a qualified opinion as to engine failure or bird strike.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 09:18 PM

Bird strikes often cause engine failure , but CAA won’t hold details from Gambia unless British aircraft incident
Lindyloo
isle of wight

22-01-2019, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
Bird strikes often cause engine failure , but CAA won’t hold details from Gambia unless British aircraft incident
Thomas Cook flight MT 1171 Banjul to Gatwick. 18 January 2019
Lindyloo
isle of wight

22-01-2019, 09:27 PM

That's the one - thanks very much, but I'd still like to see a CAA incident report. The plane was still on the tarmac yesterday, so maybe it's still being looked at.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

22-01-2019, 09:30 PM

I’ve no idea of the incident you speak other than what I can get from your comments here , but if the aircraft ate a bird and took an engine out then spares will have to be flown in ( usually a complete engine change) and that takes time however I’d have thought another aircraft would have been sent to collect passengers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top