Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:19 AM

Shocking News!

One of my neighbours has just been round to tell me our village shop/Post Office has been broken into. The ATM has been pulled from the wall outside and a lot of stock stolen or spoiled inside.

When I first moved out here - it was designated a 'low crime' area - because of which we received a 10% reduction of our house insurance premiums.

What a sad world we live in.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:27 AM

Re: Shocking News!

Did nobody hear anything? It must have been a noisy robbery surely ripping an atm from the wall. Of course this sort of thing is sadly going on all the time up and down the country. Rarely do people see or hear anything or maybe just don't want to get involved.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Did nobody hear anything? It must have been a noisy robbery surely ripping an atm from the wall. Of course this sort of thing is sadly going on all the time up and down the country. Rarely do people see or hear anything or maybe just don't want to get involved.
Not sure, EZ, there is quite a gap either side of the shop - but I did think there was a flat above - maybe they were away - maybe it is not used anymore.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 07:43 AM

Its probably not a reflection of the quality of life in your area ST, crims see rural areas as a soft target.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:08 AM

Are the shop keepers alright ST?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:10 AM

Article about the problem here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-48024850
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:11 AM

I think it's when things happen close to home tabby....my neighbour had her car broken into a few days ago....nothing of value was taken but it's that feeling of invasion....the fact that people are creeping about whilst you are sleeping....really creepy.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 08:55 AM

The local policeman told me, it’s a safe area here but then you hear of the local Tesco staff being held at gunpoint twice and the takings stolen!

ST, I suppose there are security cameras at the post office? But... what good are they for recognition purposes, as the robbers will be well covered up.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:00 AM

The trouble with 'Low crime areas' is that criminals gravitate towards them because there are usually no CCTV cameras and no police to deal with it. Easy targets.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2019, 09:53 AM

Hi

It is sad ST, but looking at your crime stats for March you are most definitely no longer a low crime area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top