Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Good News

I found out yesterday that Charlotte my daughter has found a place to live where she can have the dogs. The new boyfriend will also move in but the place will be in her name only so she doesnt become homeless again.

I will miss the dogs terribly as they are very loving to me and constantly want to be next to me on the sofa. One either side.
I enjoy their company especially when we cuddle up at nightime on the bed.
I will still see and look after them sometimes when my daughter goes away and cannot take them

The dogs do miss my daughter especially little Diego who hates it when my daughter has them for the weekend now and again but brings them back on the Sunday. He really misses her and blocks the front door when he knows shes going. Peaches is a slut and is happy with any attention from a man she likes and she seems to like the new boyfriend. Doesnt like my son though or anyone who tries to talk to me when Im walking them.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Re: Good News

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I found out yesterday that Charlotte my daughter has found a place to live where she can have the dogs. The new boyfriend will also move in but the place will be in her name only so she doesnt become homeless again.

I will miss the dogs terribly as they are very loving to me and constantly want to be next to me on the sofa. One either side.
I enjoy their company especially when we cuddle up at nightime on the bed.
I will still see and look after them sometimes when my daughter goes away and cannot take them

The dogs do miss my daughter especially little Diego who hates it when my daughter has them for the weekend now and again but brings them back on the Sunday. He really misses her and blocks the front door when he knows shes going. Peaches is a slut and is happy with any attention from a man she likes and she seems to like the new boyfriend. Doesnt like my son though or anyone who tries to talk to me when Im walking them.

I bet you will miss them,MC,..have you ever thought about getting one yourself?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 04:18 PM

Hi MC what a great job you have done looking after your daughter's little dogs, It must have been such a relief finding somewhere safe for them to stay.

Didn't you consider getting a rescue dog .Maybe you could have another look at rescue dogs, the older ones are often difficult to place and they don't need vast amounts of exercise.

Something else to consider is volunteering with The Cinnamon Trust...
https://cinnamon.org.uk/volunteers/

A network of 15,000 volunteers “hold hands” with owners to provide vital loving care for their pets. We keep them together – for example, we’ll walk a dog every day for a housebound owner, we’ll foster pets when owners need hospital care,
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 05:32 PM

I was thinking why not get an older rescue dog too, it would be a wonderful companion for you and vice versa and you would quite possibly be saving the dog being put down as older dogs tend to be harder to rehome.

You sound a real dog lover and it would be shame that a dog would be missing out on a lovely home.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 08:57 PM

I think they go back to my daughters in 10 days. Im so pleasd for little Diego as he has really been missing his "mummy charlotte"

I took these photos on Friday morning when I got up early but the dogs wanted to sleep in.
Little Peaches foot sticking out from the bottom of my duvet

Diego wedged inbetween the top of the duvet and pillow

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 10:52 PM

What lovely little dogs MC

I expect you will miss them a lot when they return to their Mum.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top