Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 02:43 PM

Do Your Scars Tell A Tale?

Most of us have a scar on our bodies, be it from childhood scrapes, operations, in combat/war or, for some other reason. A shark bite even!

I know that if, l look at the ones l have. I can recollect how it happened and where!

Like the long scratch down my arm. It looks like l self-harm but it happened some years ago and we were getting ready to go on holiday in Cornwall.
One of my dogs, Finn seemed to sense the excitement and jumped up at me. As he came down, his nail caught my right arm and scratched it in one long, deep line. I remember it bled so much.

Another, is on the side of my knee where l caught it on barbed wire and it went septic. I was about seven at the time.

I have three tiny scars on my tummy from keyhole surgery after my gallbladder operation approx, two years ago.

You must have some scars too. Please tell me about them and the story that goes with them.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 02:47 PM

Re: Do Your Scars Tell A Tale?

I’ve got many scars on my body but I’d rather not explain the details abd yes they certainly tell a story
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 02:50 PM

What a great thread.

I have quite a few scars,some I can't talk about.

Others.scar down the middle of my rib cage,open heart surgery.
Scar,..on my foot,from burning fat.

Another at top of my leg,where I fell onto a long nail,I was on top of a tin roof of a house,as a child,I can remember it,to this day.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 02:52 PM

I only have two visible scars, - the remainder are permanently covered by my clothes. The two visible scars - one on my wrist was caused in a fight - a man came at me with a knife, I dodged, he slashed my wrist, but I managed to grab his arm, twist it and broke his arm in the process. The other visible scar is across my chin, I tripped on an uneven pavement and my chin struck a second uneven paving stone and split my chin wide open - my shirt was covered in blood !!!

The hidden scars are surgical, across both hips and again vertically down my knees where surgeon replaced my hips and knees with metal implants.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 02:55 PM

They do indeed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 03:11 PM

Hi

From top to toe, there is only 10 inches of my body which is not scared.

The 10 inches I am not bragging about, I wish I could.

I have a stent and pressure valve in my skull, I cannot have an MRI, only a CT due to Shrapnel

I have two titanium plates in my heart, with silver wires, to allow the fitting of an external pacemaker.

I only have 5% vision in my right eye.

I set off every Airport Scanner big time.

I am cool about it, it has stopped me doing nothing previously.

I cannot fly at the moment, I will beat that.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 03:26 PM

I have two on my left temple. One is the scab from a cancer operation.

The other was from a fall on an oil base in the Sahara. Fortunately they had a doctor on site. He stitched up the gash. Fifteen stitches. No anaesthetic.

My dear wife, who had worked in the medical field, took them out when I got home. She was not very complimentary about the job the doctor did.

"Call himself a doctor? I wouldn't give him a job as a seamstress."
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 03:31 PM

I have a bruise on the inside of my knee which I got 4 years ago on the morning of my mother's funeral. My dog ran into the side of my kne. That dog also caused me broken ribs last xmas when he tripped me up. He himself is always getting injured. He's cost more than my other dogs at the vet
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 03:41 PM

I have quite a large scar on my left hand - done when I was 5yrs old. Was curious about what went on underneath skin. Pinched one of my dad's very sharp razor blades and made a cut to have a look - unfortunately I hit a vein. Fascinated by the sight of blood pumping everywhere - showed it Mother and our current Nanny - both fainted or pretended to anyway. Brother took charge - filled the cut with salt to staunch the blood - it hadn't actually hurt until he did that - then he took me to the hospital to have it sutured.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2019, 03:58 PM

Many internal scars , they go deep

Physically nothing to mention

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top