Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:47 PM

Could You Eat Food, Knowing A Huge Bluebottle Had Been On It?

The other week, l went to my aunty’s funeral. There was a lovely buffet with delicious cold meats including, roast beef (proper, not the processed stuff!)

There was lots of food left over and my cousin arranged for polystyrene cartons to be put out for anyone who liked, to take the food home.

I took some of the roast beef and when l got back home, l took it out of the carton and put it in a plastic bag on the worktop.

Not long after, l decided to have a beef and onion sandwich and reached into the bag to get the beef.
To my horror the biggest shiny blue Bluebottle flew out of the bag!
I thought l could hack it and still make the sandwich and eat it but l just couldn’t.
Instead, l minced it in my mini food processor and took it to my daughter for her three cats. They didn’t mind Bluebottle spit on beef!

So l ask, could you have eaten it knowing a Bluebottle had been in the bag grazing and spitting away at your beef?
Or is it a case of, what the eye doesn’t see, the heart doesn’t grieve?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:49 PM

Re: Could You Eat Food, Knowing A Huge Bluebottle Had Been On It?

I think I'd give the dog that slice.....As a treat. He wouldn't bother about Bluebottles, he'd gobble it down.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I think I'd give the dog that slice.....As a treat. He wouldn't bother about Bluebottles, he'd gobble it down.
Foxy, There were lots of slices and l didn’t know which one the Bluebottle had been on.

I watched the cats eating it, they wolfed it down, like there was no tomorrow!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:53 PM

If a bluebottle had just settled on it for a moment and then flew off I think I might - depending on how much I wanted the beef, but going in the bag and being shut in with the beef - I don't think I could. It could have laid its eggs in there - never know what it could have got up to
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:54 PM

No, I couldn't eat it.
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:55 PM

If you only knew how many bits of flies and bugs were in your everyday diet you'd never eat again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-06-2019, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
If a bluebottle had just settled on it for a moment and then flew off I think I might - depending on how much I wanted the beef, but going in the bag and being shut in with the beef - I don't think I could. It could have laid its eggs in there - never know what it could have got up to

Aerolor. Bluebottle eggs hadn’t even crossed my mind! I am now, imagining little maggots growing in my tummy, if l had eaten it!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2019, 02:58 PM

No I couldn’t have eaten it .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No, I couldn't eat it.
Tiffany, I think the thought of it, would make you lose your appetite!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by artangel ->
Aerolor. Bluebottle eggs hadn’t even crossed my mind! I am now, imagining little maggots growing in my tummy, if l had eaten it!
eeeewwww.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top