Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 11:48 AM

Re: What kind of arts n crafts are you into?

What kind of things do you make Losos?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 12:19 PM

Well, just recently nothing ('cos i broke my leg at the end of June and still using crutches to get around !!)

But before that little incident I was working on some seats for the garden (In oak) and prior to that a new computer desk, made to fit in the alcove in the room I use for a study, (That was in Ash which is a bit bland but came up quite well when oiled and polished)

I also do some bowls and stuff on the lathe when time permits.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 12:35 PM

Absolutely Art and Crafts then! Any photos? Sorry about your leg btw.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2009, 04:53 PM

ooh - I had a go on a lathe once - great fun! My BIL used to make the most beautiful bowls etc. Yes, definitely an Art / Craft that.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:16 AM

I used to go to pottery classes , not just to make the usual vases but little animals, mice, owls and badgers mostly and wall tiles...

I suppose you would call the syle 'crude folk art'

Nippy
South Devon
Nippy is female  Nippy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 09:47 AM

Meg, I love your owls, fabulous.

I do a lot of cross stitch, so much that it is just shoved in a box, there is no room to hang any more
I enjoy knitting (sorry C&D) and crochet too but there is always so much else to do. Especially as Azz keeps starting new forums!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Meg - those are really nice pieces, I like the tile, and the wording.

I will try sometime to post some photos of my efforts but had some probs with the camera (it keept flattening the batteries) and I slung it in a drawer in frustration. If it's still in one piece I shall have another go soon.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

09-08-2009, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nippy ->
and crochet too but there is always so much else to do.
OH used to do loads of crochet, and sell some at craft shows too, but I think she's having the same probs as you, to much to do and not enough time, so she just concentrates on her jig saw puzzles now
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nippy
I do a lot of cross stitch, so much that it is just shoved in a box, there is no room to hang any more
I enjoy knitting (sorry C&D) and crochet too but there is always so much else to do. Especially as Azz keeps starting new forums!!!
Thank you Nippy and Losos the best ones, the little mice were sold in aid of the village hall roof so I don't have many left .

I can't knit or crotchet Nippy and admire those who can, I always seem to end up with twice as many stitches as I started with

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Meg - those are really nice pieces, I like the tile, and the wording.

I will try sometime to post some photos of my efforts but had some probs with the camera (it keept flattening the batteries) and I slung it in a drawer in frustration. If it's still in one piece I shall have another go soon.
Losos , the wording is a biblical quotation.
When I first met my husband in 1974 I found a number of cards with pictures and little quotations, we sent them to each other with romantic messages. I used these cards as the inpiration for my tiles.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2009, 02:12 PM

Those owls are cute Meg!

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top