Join for free
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 09:41 AM

emergency doctor

Yesterday I had to call out the emergency docs from my medical practice, I phoned at 8.45 and was told that the doc would get to me when they could, at 12.45 I phoned again and was told, that due to the volume of calls there had been a slight delay, 2.30 I was phoned by the doc and told they had not forgotten me and they would be there as soon as possible, 4.45 doc turned up, I was immediately put on a course of antibiotics, only problem there was, it was Wednesday and nearly all chemists where shut, due to the nature of my illness I was unable to get out, so had to phone a mate of mine, who went for my prescription for me and also got me a tub of vapor rub from the chemist, to end on more of a downer, the vapor rub was expiry date April 2012, It was the first time since 2000 that I have had to call for an home visit, next time I will get some one to take me to the surgery and demand to see a doc there and then, I dont care when the year is over and done with, and I can get back to some semblance of normality, so that's my rant over and done with, hope you dont mind but I just had too get it off my chest as well as this infection so that I can breathe easier
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 10:28 AM

Re: emergency doctor

Originally Posted by aitch ->
Yesterday I had to call out the emergency docs from my medical practice, I phoned at 8.45 and was told that the doc would get to me when they could, at 12.45 I phoned again and was told, that due to the volume of calls there had been a slight delay, 2.30 I was phoned by the doc and told they had not forgotten me and they would be there as soon as possible, 4.45 doc turned up, I was immediately put on a course of antibiotics, only problem there was, it was Wednesday and nearly all chemists where shut, due to the nature of my illness I was unable to get out, so had to phone a mate of mine, who went for my prescription for me and also got me a tub of vapor rub from the chemist, to end on more of a downer, the vapor rub was expiry date April 2012, It was the first time since 2000 that I have had to call for an home visit, next time I will get some one to take me to the surgery and demand to see a doc there and then, I dont care when the year is over and done with, and I can get back to some semblance of normality, so that's my rant over and done with, hope you dont mind but I just had too get it off my chest as well as this infection so that I can breathe easier
Oh dear Aitch I hope you are feeling a bit better now.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 12:51 PM

Our surgery is closed from Friday night to Monday morning and if we need some treatment urgently we have to call a paramedic who comes and asseses the case and if needs be gets an Ambulance. I hope you are feeling better today.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 01:57 PM

I hope you'll soon feel better, Aitch ....
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 02:08 PM

Unfortunately that's the way things are these days.

Wishing you a speedy recovery aitch.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 04:25 PM

Dear Aitch, I'm so sorry to hear about this my old pal. That is a ridiculous response time.

Not hijacking your thread but when mum was having pains in her chest I phoned for the doctor, which was during the evening. The person whom I spoke to was his wife and said she'd pass on the message.

Mum's pains were getting worse so I phoned again and said not to bother as I was ringing for an ambulance, which arrived and she was assessed, after which she was taken to A&E with a suspected heart attack. The doctor arrived just as the ambulance was leaving. He was very irate but I told him in no uncertain terms that an ambulance would have to have been called anyway as it was a severe angina attack.

The point of this is that if you're of the belief that you need urgent medical attention, phone for an ambulance. Gawd knows you've paid your dues over the years.

Hope you're feeling much better now lad.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 05:07 PM

Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes, Im feeling a bit better today, as it seems the antibiotics are starting to kick in im on to 3rd day of 7, fingers crossed and another bit of good news, mi cars passed the MOT, so I hope I can pass mine as well
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

08-09-2012, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by aitch ->
Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes, Im feeling a bit better today, as it seems the antibiotics are starting to kick in im on to 3rd day of 7, fingers crossed and another bit of good news, mi cars passed the MOT, so I hope I can pass mine as well
Glad to hear you are on the mend Aitch and the motor is also fit and well.

It is an appalling state of affairs to keep you waiting as long as they did.

All good wishes and that you continue to improve.

Take care.

George
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2012, 09:33 PM

It's good to hear you're feeling better it does take about a day and half for the antibiotics to kick in. It's a relief when the car passes it's MOT. Take care.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top