Join for free
Page 93 of 1010 « First < 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 > Last »
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 02:29 AM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

we went out for lunch me and my daughter we had chicken salad wraps
and a cup of coffie
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 02:54 AM

A new recipe: Italian meatball soup, delicious. Will have again.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
we went out for lunch me and my daughter we had chicken salad wraps
and a cup of coffie
Pixie darlin' - salad???? - ergh yuk - rabbit food !!! - give me the rabbit instead and I'll make a very wholesome Poacher's pot casserole with it. Had one only last week as my butcher seems to have a glut of rabbits hanging up in his shop - delightful!!!

Eileen darlin' - not really a 'soup person' but soup is merely a prelude to a 'main course'. Can't just have soup alone - must have something else to follow it.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 05:08 PM

I imagine even though this is a hearty soup it definitely wouldn't be enough for you; but it, plus a roll, filled me up: meatballs, tomatoes, carrots, onions, celery, garlic,oregano, basil, small pasta shells, finely shredded mozzarella. Yummy.
Silver Surfer
Manchester UK
Silver Surfer is female  Silver Surfer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Leg of pork ,mash,carrots and swede,brocolli ,apple sauce and gravy .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Drat!!! - only saw this this morning Peachy darlin' - otherwise I'd have been there with my plate, knife and fork!!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Made a minced beef and potato pie using loads of onions and pepper. Made some mashed potato with steamed cabbage and butter. By the way I saw a hint for making a good mash from the Barefoot Contessa ( I love her) you break up the potatos when they are cooked with a hand mixer then you warm butter and milk in the microwave and add that while you mix with the hand mixer. It was lovely no lumps and very creamy.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Made a minced beef and potato pie using loads of onions and pepper. Made some mashed potato with steamed cabbage and butter. By the way I saw a hint for making a good mash from the Barefoot Contessa ( I love her) you break up the potatos when they are cooked with a hand mixer then you warm butter and milk in the microwave and add that while you mix with the hand mixer. It was lovely no lumps and very creamy.
I recently saw another chef make mash like that, and that's how my mum used to make it although, lacking a hand mixer, she used a wooden spoon.

Tonight I'm having Wienerschnitzel and I'll make my home-made creamy mushroom and mixed pepper sauce, with fried potatoes.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

13-11-2011, 05:33 PM

I don't have a hand mixer; just mash them thoroughly with a manual masher so there are absolutely NO lumps, then add butter and a bit of milk and stir with a spoon till well blended.

Tonight's dinner: broiled crab cake, fresh spinach, potatoes rissole, ciabatta roll.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2011, 05:36 PM

Yes, sorry, she had a hand masher, but then she'd finish them off with a spoon with butter and milk.

Yours sounds good, Eileen, but what sort of rissole will you be having? I'd have to do without the spinach though, I'm afraid.

Page 93 of 1010 « First < 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 193 593 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top