Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 05:56 PM

Re: Hope for Laboratory Animals

Originally Posted by mups ->
you'd do better to start praying you don't come back as a laboratory animal next time round - with me as the scientist in charge.

:-d
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You'd do better to start praying you don't come back as a Laboratory animal next time round - with me as the scientist in charge.

She's now on my 'red list'!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am well aware of the different animals used for medical experimentation. Maybe one day it might not be necessary to use them, but until that time I have no problem whatsoever with their use. The human species is a million times more important than that of the others, and I make no apology for saying so.

No the human species is not.
Especially those who are devoid of compassion for their fellow sentient beings .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Especially those who are devoid of compassion for their fellow sentient beings .
Well said Muddy, bet you never thought I'd say that
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:42 PM

Awww
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Indeed. It has been said that humans are the only sentient beings who can exhibit pure evil.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2018, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. It has been said that humans are the only sentient beings who can exhibit pure evil.
Sadly, JBR, I can believe that!
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 12:49 AM

Our leather handbags and shoes are not generally bi-products of the meat industry.
Much of the leather comes from abroad where countries have the lowest common denominator for animal welfare. The softest leather is from calves, and even unborn calves ,taken prematurely from the mothers womb.

As a human race we are disgusting with relation to animal welfare .
As it's Christmas in the next few weeks, my conscience is now set on the turkeys. 18 million bred in the UK last year, just so we can present one on the dinner table on Christmas Day. Not a very happy Christmas for the turkeys. 18million ! OMGoodness !
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 05:32 AM

I have, by every measure, the responsibility to ensure the health and safety of my children. Beyond that, I have absolutely no proof (nor does anyone else) whatsoever that in the grand scheme of things that my life matters one iota more than a rat, a dog, a butterfly, or even a microbe. Further, there are more than a handful of people whose sorry lives aren't worth one lab rat.

1. One of the first things I did when my daughter's doctors were looking for her cure, was make every last detail of her case available to anyone who wanted to use the data. I kept meticulous records of her symptoms, general health, and behavior after every treatment so her response to each could be used for anecdotal records. Her case is being published and has been presented at Grand Rounds at one of the top U.S. medical schools. If her treatment is effective (and it is) then animal research on that drug/disease ends. We likewise make all of our medical records available for use.

2. We ask that all of our medications avoid the use of animal-derived products. Gelatin capsules are at the top of the list of products to avoid.

3. We donate to organizations and universities that make efforts not to test on animals and especially training of their physicians and that use human subjects (volunteers) over animals.

4. We volunteer to participate in test studies when they apply to us.

5. We are actively campaigning the Federal Drug Administration to drop testing on dogs and primates first, and then we will continue with rat studies. Most of the research is UNNECESSARY or ineffective because the impact can't be correlated to the impact on people.

6. Our children do/did not attend universities that test on animals. Acceptances to such universities are turned down with reasons cited.

7. We support a Beagle (the most common dog breed used in lab research) and chimpanzee rescue program that rescues and rehomes animals used in labs.

8. We tell every doctor we have that we loathe the use of animals in medicine.

Lab animal research is one of the most d@#*ing of human pursuits.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
As a human race we are disgusting with relation to animal welfare .
As it's Christmas in the next few weeks, my conscience is now set on the turkeys. 18 million bred in the UK last year, just so we can present one on the dinner table on Christmas Day. Not a very happy Christmas for the turkeys. 18million ! OMGoodness !
Likewise here on Thanksgiving and Christmas. How do we get around it? I prepare everyone an individually baked pumpkin filled with a harvest stew. Now that makes a sensational presentation.

Off topic. Sorry.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top