Join for free
Page 7 of 38 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 09:32 AM

Re: Prince Philip hurt in car crash,

Its silly driving at the age of 97 years old.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

No way it will be sold, too many details of protection to be involved.

It will be stripped, in a secure facility, protection will go to secure landfill, and what is left will be crushed and melted.
The Range Rover or Philip?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
The Range Rover or Philip?
pmsl.

Do the ears go in with the plastics?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I get the impression he was on his own, no bodyguard?

I thought he had two bodyguards with him ruthio, but I might be wrong. I thought it was them who pulled him out the car?

That's why I said earlier he must have really scared them pulling out into traffic like that.

He cannot possibly have the quick reactions of a younger driver.

They said on the news this morning that everyone is talking about Prince Phillip, and not asking how the other car's occupants are.
Apparently there was a baby in the other car!

Could they sue the Royals?
Does Phillip have to have insurance the same as us lesser mortals?
Who would want to insure a driver that age?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:26 AM

Hi

You can forget The Bodyguard on TV.

It is not like that at all.

The Principals, Royal or otherwise, do what they want, and treat everyone else differently.

You are basically scum.

The younger Royals are very different, Wills, Harry and Zara are totally different.

Very pleasant , no side to them at all.

They open doors for the oldies, stand in line in the shop and let others go before them.

You would be proud to have them as your kids.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:29 AM

The royal cars are leased not owned by Phillip and Queen, so what happens to it will depend on the leasing company.

A member of the public hauled him out through the windscreen apparently no mention of a body guard on the scene.

I'd say he should still drive but only on their private land he has plenty of places he can drive that isn't on public roads. The act of driving and still doing his carriage racing etc is likely keeping him going at this age. He walks without a stick which is rare at 97 so whatever he is doing works for him.

He was blinded by the sun he said, at this time of year that's very possible. I am not sure there is an answer to that you just have to be extra careful.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I thought he had two bodyguards with him ruthio, but I might be wrong. I thought it was them who pulled him out the car?

That's why I said earlier he must have really scared them pulling out into traffic like that.

He cannot possibly have the quick reactions of a younger driver.

They said on the news this morning that everyone is talking about Prince Phillip, and not asking how the other car's occupants are.
Apparently there was a baby in the other car!

Could they sue the Royals?
Does Phillip have to have insurance the same as us lesser mortals?
Who would want to insure a driver that age?
Baby was fine, other driver broke her arm and had leg injuries, didn't hear about the passenger but one of them had whip lash so that might be the passenger ?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:33 PM

His explanation of the event: "I had to react..A horse in a red dress, and who came running after it? A Tin Man also wearing a red dress......Not something you usually see on my way to Sandringham".....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2019, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
His explanation of the event: "I had to react..A horse in a red dress, and who came running after it? A Tin Man also wearing a red dress......Not something you usually see on my way to Sandringham".....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-01-2019, 04:48 PM

Here he is last Winter trying to get down to Lidl's for some streaky bacon.

Page 7 of 38 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top