Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-04-2019, 10:54 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Blimey Young Robert, that took me by surprise.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 07:15 AM

Oh! Mr Porter, what shall I Do?
I want to go to Birmingham
And they're taking me on to Crewe
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 10:44 AM

Oh the lovely Scribbles
Grow less and less each day
Not the without a chum
Cos he is far away
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Blimey Young Robert, that took me by surprise.
Inappropriate?
Unsavoury?
groundbreaking?
liberating?

or just not nice.
I have no recall of posting this
very worrying
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-04-2019, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Inappropriate?
Unsavoury?
groundbreaking?
liberating?

or just not nice.
I have no recall of posting this
very worrying
Oh dear, you forgot????
Best get Nurse Vivian to calm you down.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Where have you all gone?
Do you want a rhyme or s song?
I do love the old movie stars
I also love to see the old cars
I think it's time a posted a quiz
Just let me know, it will be posted in a whiz
Fear not Sweetie our little treasure
For it’s not about numbers nor measure
The crew may be cut, but we’re not in a rut
So carry on at your own leisure.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 03:25 PM

The old house party’s.

“Lady Greta Donnington throws one of those party’s that when you come home you feel like you haven’t been anywhere”
Sherlock Holmes to Watson describing a wealthy lady aristocrat who hasn’t a clue how to entertain socially.
It brought back memories to me.

I must say I’ve been stuck in a few of those party’s in me day, usually some snobby affair in one of my bosses houses on the south side, you know, they give you an invitation you can't refuse.
A good description by Holmes, utterly bored into a dream like state of nowwhereness, Limbo parties without the dancers I used to call them.
Even if I say so myself, Phyllis and me threw some great parties in our younger days, hooleys we called them here, great for birthdays, anniversaries, christenings, special occasions etc., nobody could afford to have these occasions in hotels then, and the wife is terrific at preparing the food, big doorstep slices of freshly baked loaf bread and plates of Limerick ham, cheese, beef, ribs, pigs feet, etc., help herself to whatever you fancy, none of your eight of a sausage on a stick kind of thing, and we always had a fine selection of drinks, the Guinness was on tap same as the pub, none of yer gassy bottled stuff. We had many musician friends who played for the love of it, and we played records on the radiogram too.
We always got on well with the neighbours and they were the first to be invited, and they had plenty of notice beforehand, so we never bothered anyone with the music, music to suit all tastes young and old, they went on till the small hours of the morning, and when they all went home they knew they had a good time, ah some smashing memories, God be with the days.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2019, 09:54 PM

I knew a geezer, and his better half who threw some parties, I still refuse to acknowledge the result of these celebrations, given that the geezer had the worse case of OCD I have ever seen and, such parties would have had to have had such random planning, it must have been the Geezettes fantasy.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

12-04-2019, 10:03 PM

I love a good party.
The problem being, most people end up in the kitchen.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

12-04-2019, 10:08 PM

I ain't posting that song, no conformation here.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top